Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kid won't GET a gazillion Christmas presents this year because she doesn't need them.

Posted by   + Show Post

santa green

Our daughter is three years old and this year she is getting exactly three Christmas presents.

Why???

Because she's three. 

Because other people will be giving her presents.

Because she already has tons of toys. 

Because her birthday is in the last week of November and she'll get presents for that. 

Because she's three. Or will be anyway. 

We're also buying her gifts ahead of time. She's getting a lala-oopsie doll, a jack-in-the-box Caillou (cutest darn thing ever), and pink lego duplo lego's (because I believe she's ready to move past mega-blox).  And that's it! My kid is doesn't need a ton of gifts and as she gets older she won't either.  

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
pookiward
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Thanks, I think I will.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

If you look on Pinterest there are SO many fun and creative DIY ways to give cash as gifts.

Quoting pookiward:

My son is 15 all he wants is cash so that's all i'm giving him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I started as well, it's just too early for the self righteous Christmas posts.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

We start Christmas shopping this early so that we're not scrambling when it actually does come time for Christmas.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dude, it's September ...

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Min domt either. They are 6,6 and 3. All they are getting this year are tablets and stocking stuffees then a few board games from santa....they get presents from aunts, uncles and grandparents so we don't do a lot plus my youngest birthday is 3mths before and my older 2 1mth after so they get tons of stuff thsn too.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I could care less how many gifts she gets she isn't my kid.  However, you posted about her age in the same list twice!

Quoting flowerfunleah:

What kind of three year old needs a gazillion toys?

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Wow you are hung up on the fact that she is only 3 huh?

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I think that sounds very reasonable. Dh and I have been discussing how to keep from going overboard buying ds stuff when he's older. It's hard not getting everything their little hearts desire, but of course that's not good for them.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Ehhhh....

My dd (6) doesn't NEED a lot of gifts either.

But the living room will look like a Toys R Us exploded come Christmas morning, like always.

Not only because we can, but because the look on her face is so fucking worth it....lol.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Yeah we don't get our kids much either. They just have so much stuff its unbelievable! We limit their gifts to roughly 3-5 gifts (most from Santa and PJs from us), and then they get tons from my dad and stepmom, my grandpa, etc!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Good for you. We don't depend on others to get them presents so we don't count those. My one dd has a dec. 22nd birthday and that doesn't affect the number of gifts she gets.
SinaiJ
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I don't spoil my kids for birthdays and holidays. They've got so much crap it's ridiculous anyways haha No clue what we're doing this year as it's NOT EVEN OCTOBER yet haha 

Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

why a christmas post so soon? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN