Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

getting pregnant after a partial hysterectomy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Can it happen?I was wondering if anyone on cm ever had it happen to them?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:53 AM
2 moms liked this

A partial hysterectomy is when they take out the uterus, but leave the ovaries. So no, it can't happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:56 AM

not even a tubal pregnancy?they were talking about it on the radio and they said it can happen.I am going to have one and my dr wants to do a partial but I am thinking about pulling everything out.

Quoting Anonymous:

A partial hysterectomy is when they take out the uterus, but leave the ovaries. So no, it can't happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:58 AM

What the hell kind of radio are you listening to? When they take out your uterus, they also take out your cervix. No cervix = No way for the swimmers to get to the tubes or eggs. So no, it still can't happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

not even a tubal pregnancy?they were talking about it on the radio and they said it can happen.I am going to have one and my dr wants to do a partial but I am thinking about pulling everything out.

Quoting Anonymous:

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:02 AM
It would depend on the specific type of partial hysterectomy. A partial hysterectomy is removal of a portion of the uterus, but a large part of the uterus, as well as the ovaries and fallopian tubes are not removed. So depending on the extent of the surgery, yes, it is very possible to conceive after surgery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:04 AM

it was a spanish station my dh was listening to he called me and asked because I am scheduled in 2 weeks.But thank you for letting me know this.

Quoting Anonymous:

What the hell kind of radio are you listening to? When they take out your uterus, they also take out your cervix. No cervix = No way for the swimmers to get to the tubes or eggs. So no, it still can't happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

New.OrleansLady
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:04 AM
If he's in there yanking it out yank it all!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:07 AM

I wish she would but she said she can't and it is something I must have done.

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:07 AM
This is inaccurate. The OP is asking about a partial hysterectomy, not a total hysterectomy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:08 AM

she is leaving my tubes /ovaries and cervix and only removing my uterus do to a issue I have with it.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

It would depend on the specific type of partial hysterectomy. A partial hysterectomy is removal of a portion of the uterus, but a large part of the uterus, as well as the ovaries and fallopian tubes are not removed. So depending on the extent of the surgery, yes, it is very possible to conceive after surgery.

New.OrleansLady
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:14 AM
I don't know much about hysterectomies why can't she?

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish she would but she said she can't and it is something I must have done.

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN