Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter in law told me I would not be welcome in the room when she gives birth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
14 moms liked this

I said I have no problem with that... I didn't want to be in the room when I gave birth to my own babies lol. 

Then she let me know when the baby was kicking so I could feel him move- she is one awesome daughter in law.... I love being a gramma, this is #2 already :) 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Awe, congrats gramma! :)

parentalrights1
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM
15 moms liked this
Congratulations on being a mother in law that will NOT be cut off :)

And the baby. That too lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!! :D

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Awe, congrats gramma! :)

Mena929
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM

:)

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Awesome!
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you for being respectful. My s/o's mom pitched a fit when I told her that the only people other than the medical staff that would be in the delivery room were going to be my mom and my s/o. Even after it being a well established fact that I didn't want a fucking circus, and that we would call once I was in labor, and again once the baby was born so she could come right up........she decided to come flying to the hospital as soon as she found out I was in labor. And then got mad again because I told the staff that she was NOT to come into my room until after I gave birth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Congrats!! I wish my mom was as understanding as you. I get that it's a little different but when my mom is around I am the BIGGEST baby and I knew having here there would just make it worse lol 6 years later and she still gives me shit for it. And now I'm going to have to relive it all over again now that I'm pregnant again lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I was scared to have that talk with my mother in law. She said something close to what you did lol. Congrats!
amanda_mom89
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Congrats! I'm 12 weeks along right now and I've been craving chicken n dressing and green beans casserole.

My awesome MIL went to the store, bought the stuff and cooked it for me.

This is her third grandchild. DH is an only child, he had a daughter from a previous relationship that he has custody of and we have a daughter together.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this

I've never understood why anyone wants to be in the room when any baby but their own is born - I guess moms can be moral support for their daughters, but I just wanted to be left alone. I didn't even hold DH's hand, just gripped the bedrail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN