Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I left a Tampon in by accident...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
Ok, my last period was Sept. 6. My periods usually only flow a lot for two days (so Sept 8) and then I spot on and off for another day or two. I had gotten really busy that week and completely forgot I had put a tampon in (we were out of pads and I usually only use the tampons for the high flow days. This morning, when I went to the bathroom, I was wiping and it just came out into the toilet!! At first I got confused because I heard a "plop" sound in the toilet. When I looked, I realized it was a tampon (the super light flow ones). My dh and I are on a semi-dry spell with sex or I'm sure he would've found it. I feel like an idiot and now I have to schedule an appt with my dr to make sure it didn't harm me. Please tell me I'm not the only one?? Or at least, what have you done that was a "duh" moment and made you feel silly?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM
kay.kayleigh
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM

it happens more than often as I work in the ER. BUT you may get an infection so be seen asap, do not douche or anything as it will push an infection deeper! good luck.

MommyKarma
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

OOooooooooooooooo for almost a MONTH?!? FUCKED UP!!!!
If you're still breathing chances are it has done nothing to you. As far as I know, TSS isn't just going to appear from nowhere and you *probably* would have showed signs before now.

I am sure you're ok but WOW. 

SamNStefanMommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I haven't had that happen, but my mom told me about a time it happened to her. She noticed because it started smelling SUPER fishy down there. So, thinking she had some sort of lady infection, she went to the doc. Well, when they got down there, they found the tampon. It was like 3 weeks old. I don't think she got sick from it though. But I agree with PP, watch for signs of TSS. Other than that, I think you should be ok. 

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM
What she said

Quoting MommyKarma:

OOooooooooooooooo for almost a MONTH?!? FUCKED UP!!!!
If you're still breathing chances are it has done nothing to you. As far as I know, TSS isn't just going to appear from nowhere and you *probably* would have showed signs before now.

I am sure you're ok but WOW. 

shabbalaquita
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM

so...how long was it in there?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Agreed. I don't douche anyways because I've heard so many bad things about it. My dr will be seeing me tomorrow (earliest they could get me in) nbut I haven't noticed any signs...I'll keep an eye out tonight and if it gets too bad it's straight to the er (or stat care if they're still open when I go)
BEXi
by BEXi on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM

You wouldve had signs of infection by now. I wouldnt bother with the doctor to be honest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I know. I feel like the biggest idiot in the world. I can I even did that. I'm hoping I'm ok, but I figure better safe then sorry so I am seeing the doc tomorrow.
kiwiskiwi29
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I have done this before. Don't worry TSS is very rare and you're probably fine. If you are really worried you can go to your doc but I think you're fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)