Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some people need better parenting skills! EDIT***

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 56 Replies
3 moms liked this

People really need to learn when to keep their kids home, no wonder the babies stay so sick.  You are supposed to keep them home at least 24 hours after the symptoms, such as fever, diarrhea, bubonic plague, smallpox, rabies, etc, WHATEVER have passed.  That doesn't mean send them to school at 7am if the fever just broke at 9pm the night before.  YOUR KID IS STILL CONTAGIOUS!  That doesn't mean "hide" the fever with Tylenol Cough and Cold and send them to school.  YOUR KID IS DEFINITELY CONTAGIOUS!  And, it doesn't mean get on CM and give bad advice to other parents.  YOU WILL MAKE SURE THEIR KID IS AS MISERABLE AS YOURS SITTING IN CLASS SPREADING GERMS LIKE A WALKING PETRI DISH!  Yes, you have to work, yes, it's inconvenient...but you signed up for it!  Deal with it like a responsible adult and stop the madness!  They can't miss school for every cough and sniffle, but a little common sense dictates that you should know when to keep them home!  

UNBELIEVABLE...

LOW GRADE FEVER IS STILL A FEVER AND STILL CONTAGIOUS, ESPECIALLY IF IT IS ACCOMPANIED BY OTHER OBVIOUS SYMPTOMS OF INFECTION!!!  IF THERE ARE NO OTHER SYMPTOMS AND YOUR KID IS RUNNING A RANDOM FEVER YOU STILL MIGHT WANT TO FIND OUT WHY IF IT PERSISTS!!!  IT MIGHT BE SOME OTHER TYPE OF INFECTION THAT NEEDS TREATMENT!!!

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Louweezymarie
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Thanks for the memo.

bakerytreatz16
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM
My daughter has been sick quite a few times. And it was a kidney infection every time. She's not in school yet though. But if she was she would've missed school as she was hospitalised each time. And in that much pain I probably wouldn't have sent her..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

kids are gonna get sick no matter what,they are germ factories..

MommyKarma
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Eh, serious? For a fever or a cough? Nope. My kids will be going to school. A cough ain't killed no one. And perhaps if you taught your child proper hygenic skills, as I have mine, not to mention teaching them not to have face to face contact with someone else and to cough/sneeze appropriately, there wouldn't be an issue!!

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM

people really get ridiculous sometimes..omg,little johnny coughed,he must have the plague!!!!

KGreen75
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

You send your kids to school with a fever?

Quoting MommyKarma:

Eh, serious? For a fever or a cough? Nope. My kids will be going to school. A cough ain't killed no one. And perhaps if you taught your child proper hygenic skills, as I have mine, not to mention teaching them not to have face to face contact with someone else and to cough/sneeze appropriately, there wouldn't be an issue!!

MercedesMonique
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Exactly, and I assume she was running a fever, mine did when she had a non-contagious infection.  Even though you knew that what she had wasn't contagious you still would have kept her home because otherwise she would have been miserable.  This is exactly what I mean, using your better judgement to keep the babies happy and healthy.  Too many people seem to not understand this concept.  Thank you for being a parent that does.

Quoting bakerytreatz16:

My daughter has been sick quite a few times. And it was a kidney infection every time. She's not in school yet though. But if she was she would've missed school as she was hospitalised each time. And in that much pain I probably wouldn't have sent her..

BEXi
by BEXi on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

lol @ rabies

imvanilla
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Lol, it is all about judgement calls, who says yours is the right one to make?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)