Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, will I be in big fat trouble or what?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Have to take my two little ones to a wedding, with a full Catholic mass beforehand.  We're talking 90 minutes in the pew, best case scenario.  We don't go to church and I'm agnostic. 

Say I pack their iPods and some earbuds in my purse, in case they get restless during the mass.  Think anyone will care?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Full Catholic weddings with mass are usually about an hour.  I know ours lasted about an hour and so did our friend's this past weekend.

If you sit in the back, you should be okay.  If anything, look to see if they have a crying room and you can have them hang out there if they get rowdy or too loud.

mojogirl
by Gunnery Sgt Hartman on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this

not even i can stand to sit through a catholic wedding

good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Good to know!  I'll try to go in hopeful that it won't be 90 mins.

They're good kids- big enough to know how to behave- but 90 minutes is pushing it, even for me! 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Full Catholic weddings with mass are usually about an hour.  I know ours lasted about an hour and so did our friend's this past weekend.

If you sit in the back, you should be okay.  If anything, look to see if they have a crying room and you can have them hang out there if they get rowdy or too loud.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM

How old are they? 

Quoting Anonymous:

They're good kids- big enough to know how to behave- but 90 minutes is pushing it, even for me! 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM

what does it say on the invite?  if it says no kids- then it just that. if doesn't - then i would sit in the back in case anything happens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM

5 & 8

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

How old are they? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I'm sure someone will have a problem with it..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM

It's family, the kids are expected to be there.  Will definitely be trying for back row- the husband has to work and will miss most of the ceremony, if he makes it at all.  Will be trying to save a place for him if he makes it.

Quoting Anonymous:

what does it say on the invite?  if it says no kids- then it just that. if doesn't - then i would sit in the back in case anything happens.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM

They should be okay then with what you plan on bringing.  The iPods and earbuds should keep them entertained.  When I was a kid, my brother and I hated sitting through mass and we would just joke around and whisper quietly. 

Quoting Anonymous:

5 & 8

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

How old are they? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Mommy2ETnBM
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Oh my, please get a sitter for your kids. If it were just a catholic service I would say take them and hope for the best....but this is someones special day. It will more than likely be recorded and if your kids get rowdy they're not going to hear a thing on that video but your kids for years to come. I only say that because my first wedding video was completely ruined by my exMIL coughing the ENTIRE ceremony.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)