Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

5 month old making wheezing noises?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 3 Replies

I can't tell if she has just discovered that she can make a new noise or if its something else. She first started doing it yesterday when she was on the floor playing. I thought she was just getting excited maybe. Then today, she did it again after she had started fussing a little. I grabbed her and started rocking/walking her to sleep and as I was she was wheezing. Some pretty big wheezes at times. She has a doctor appointment tomorrow, but I'm really worried. Any ideas?? Me and SO just got over a cold, so I guess it could be that. But I breastfed her through the cold so I was hoping she wouldn't get it. She doesn't have any symptoms of a cold though. She isn't even acting sick.

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Nee86
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Do you have a humidifier? If so, I would pull that out and set it up. She may have a little cold.
coffeemom37043
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Wouldn't she have other symptoms though? Like a runny nose or something? She has been acting just like normal

Quoting Nee86:

Do you have a humidifier? If so, I would pull that out and set it up. She may have a little cold.

Nee86
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Not always. It could be just starting. Or it could be a respiratory cold and baby just hasn't started the runny noise. There are a number of reasons for wheezing.

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Wouldn't she have other symptoms though? Like a runny nose or something? She has been acting just like normal

Quoting Nee86:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN