Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

By how many weeks did you

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM
  • 22 Replies
Have a name picked out for your baby?

Im curious if most of you knew right away or waited til he/she was born to decide?

With dd1 we had one picked out before I was pregnant and same with ds1, but im currently 19 weeks pregnant with ds2 and we can not settle on a name..
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schizomom91
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM
We knew before we found out the sex at 20 weeks. Not sure how long before then we had them picked out.
CGM2012
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM

We picked out the name of our child before we were even engaged. lol. Yes we were married before having him. We were engaged for 3 years and married for 2 years before we even had DS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

we didn't know until after birth with both of our kids. we had several names picked out. but we just couldn't decide until after they were born and we saw them first to see what name fit them best.

wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Around the third trimester we settled on a name.
Rh1annaa
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

This is my first and I am 17 weeks. We have picked a name if the baby turns out to be a girl. If it is a boy, we still havent decided on a name that we both like yet. I'm just hoping its a girl.

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Before they were even conceived.
smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM

DS1 - right after the "it's a boy" ultrasound DH emailed me, when he got back to work, the name Aiden. I had already liked it and so it was decided :)

DS2 - had some difficulty. It was probably closer to have 35 weeks until we were completely content with Silas.

kristen0812
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I had a few names picked. I couldn't officially name them until I saw them in person.
falconchick9
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:58 PM

we had a girl name before we concieved. boy name we picked out before we found out the gender, we ended up chaning the girl name from Abigale McKenzie to McKenzie Estelle

MamaRae85
by *you're on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:58 PM

This, although we're open to changing our minds if we decide this one doesn't "look like" the name. lol It worked out great with the first, though, so we'll probably use the name.

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Before they were even conceived.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)