Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am so f***ed! **EDIT** ***EDIT #2***

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 80 Replies

After looking for a job for so long I had an interview today. I got the job! Yay right? no. It conflicts with DH's schedule so I have no one to watch my kids on saturday from 1030am-5pm. DH works 2 jobs and we only have one car. All of my family and his live in a diff state. I am trying to get vouchers for daycare because we literally have no money to pay for daycare or a sitter. However that process could take awhile and I have to have a job before we can even apply. So i had my boss fill out the paperwork today but was told it could take up to 1 month before its approved. So im literally fucked. No one to watch the kids and we desperatly need me to work because we are in the hole financially. DH makes only $1500 a month and our house payment is $600 of that and our car is $550. I have no fucking idea what to do and im so lost. We are slowly sinking financially. We never spend on anything but necessities and are even having a hard time buying them, we get FS and WIC but that only covers a portion of everything. 

And the car payment and house payment are binded with contracts. We got the car when we werent having as bad of a time financially and now we cant even afford to have the damn thing. Also the only thing that we have that isn't a necessity is internet but that is only $50 a month and DH won't let that go. We don't have cell phones or cable or anything. What can we cut down on to help save some money??? IM DESPERATE right now!

I cant sell my car. We are binded by contract and have the title but the car company owns it for right now. When we pay it off i can sell it.

I live in Jonesboro Arkansas, for those that have offered to help i appreciate it, sadly i do not live near any of you.

Also just because my house payment is $600 doesnt mean its a crappy house. So for those who suggest that my house is a shit hole can go fuck themselves. Im not here to prove myself to anyone, im here looking for advice on what to do in my situation. All i want to do is help provide for my family so we can get back on our feet and not have to be on assistance anymore.

DH asked one of his coworkers if she would watch the kids for free on Saturday and she said she would be more than happy to! I know this girl and she is great with kids. So she is coming to our house Saturday morning to watch them so they are a little more comfortable. Both of my kids have awful seperation issues with me, Like i can't even go pee and close the bathroom door without both of them crying. So this is gonna be tough.

I have found a daycare that charges $50 a week for up to 15 hours for both kids and accepts vouchers so hoping to get all of the paper work done by thursday so we can get vouchers ASAP.

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM

bump

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Hugs mama, I'm sorry. Good luck to you guys! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this

have you tried babysitting for some extra cash? thats what I do because my husband's hours are all over the place and hard to work around. plus we can't afford childcare anyways. so this is a way to make money and not worry about our kids because the are always with me. I make a good extra $1000 a month. might want to look into that. good luck.

JC2223
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM

How old are your kids? Do you have a neighbor you can ask to help until daycare is set up? What about a friend? The wife or older child of DH's co-workers? I hope you find someone, good luck!

LalasMommy1125
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Do you already have a daycare provider? Can you discuss the situation with them? Let them know that the vouchers will be coming in. Will they backdate vouchers? 

If not, do your kids have any playmates that has a parent that could watch them for a little while?

Good luck

Heatherp23
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I found one daycare that said it would cost $50 for 1 week for both kids for up to 15 hours. The issue is we don't have $50. I'm not sure if they will back date vouchers. I have walk through of the place scheduled for Friday.

My kids are 1 and 2 and don't have any play mates. We moved here a little over a year ago and ive been a SAHM for almost 3 years and don't have any friends or family here.

Quoting LalasMommy1125:

Do you already have a daycare provider? Can you discuss the situation with them? Let them know that the vouchers will be coming in. Will they backdate vouchers? 

If not, do your kids have any playmates that has a parent that could watch them for a little while?

Good luck

Heatherp23
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:14 PM
My kids are 1 and 2. I don't know any of my neighbors. We moved to this town a little over a year ago and moved into this house February of this year. Not to mention the neighborhood isn't the best... My only friend in this town has plans this weekend for College and cant watch them. I am going to see if on of DHs coworkers would do it but we don't have ANY money until next Friday when DH gets paid.
Quoting JC2223:

How old are your kids? Do you have a neighbor you can ask to help until daycare is set up? What about a friend? The wife or older child of DH's co-workers? I hope you find someone, good luck!

Heatherp23
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Ive tried, and have posted on FB and craigslist that i can babysit and made a hole profile and resume type thing with not luck. I dont know anyone in this town except for 1 girl and she is busy this weekend and cant watch them :(

Quoting Anonymous:

have you tried babysitting for some extra cash? thats what I do because my husband's hours are all over the place and hard to work around. plus we can't afford childcare anyways. so this is a way to make money and not worry about our kids because the are always with me. I make a good extra $1000 a month. might want to look into that. good luck.

heydooney
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Have you tried refinancing?
JamieBue38
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Try care.com to fine people that maybe you can trade babysitting time with? You'll watch their kids on your days off and vice versa
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)