Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son tried to choke another kid ((UPDATE))

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 86 Replies

Well all went well today, he made his apologies and everyone was quit understanding.  Me, his teacher, and the kids mom summed it up to him just not knowing how to handle himself when he gets upset.  Her kid wasn't hurt and they even played with eachother today.  This is why I just love mature adults who know how to handle a situation like this calmly *wink*.  Sorry to dissapoint some of you ladies who felt she needed to do everything to punish my child.  I will be keeping an eye on him and working with him to handle his temper better, like talking to his teacher if something upsets him.  Thanks again to the ladies on here that were also understanding. *highfive*

Holy crap I am pissed.  I went to pick up my 4 yr old an hour ago from pre-k and the teacher told me he had a massive fit that even shocked her.  She told me he was playing with sock puppets with another boy and they were having a ball when out of nowhere he flips his shit and tries to choke the other kid.  He also tried smacking the teacher and her aid when they were trying to get him under control.  I knew this was going to happen, at home he will snap out of nowhere and will come running at his bro and punch him but then the next second he will be totally fine.  

I honestly don't know how to handle it except I speak to him calmly.  Ugh I hope this is just a phase and he will chill out when he gets older....

The teacher was totally cool with it also, I was apologizing and she is telling me it is fine but just wanted me to know so I can work on it at home.  I am going to have him write a apology for her tomorrow.  Right now he gets no cartoons or snacks as punishment...right now he is rolling on the floor crying wanting cartoons.

So, any of you lovely ladies have short tempered kids and ways to work with them?

Side note: There is no violence in the house or such so really no idea where the choking came from :/

http://www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=7
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:28 PM

A few have short tempers BUT nothing like what you described. Has he always been like that???

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Bummer. Maybe an apology to the kid he tried to choke also. Hugs and bump for help. All I can hear in my head is Daniel Tiger, "when you feel like you're about to roar, take a deep breath, and count to 4"

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:29 PM
There must have been a reason. Not saying any reasons warrants getting choked but has he told you his side?
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM

No, his temper has really came out near the start of this year before he turned 4.  Damn kid phases.

Quoting Sassy762:

A few have short tempers BUT nothing like what you described. Has he always been like that???

http://www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=7
Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:31 PM

My middle child can get like that. He will get an attitude for something small. He doesn't get in trouble at school. He did tell me to shut up the other day when I went and picked him up at the youth center. He was playing a game I told him to get off now. Honestly, I wanted to smack him for saying it. He was punished for awhile and had to write me a letter why he said it and why you don't talk to people like that.

mariesmama
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:31 PM

cant help you my 4 yr old bites fellow classmates

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Mine had a super short fuse when he was younger.  Making sure he was rested and fed was the best thing in the immediate, but long term martial arts and just age has helped him tremendously.  He hasn't had any outbursts in over a year.

stephensmommy06
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

that was one of the first cues that my son was Bipolar...he started around 2-3ish...he would be giggling then out of left feild would attack whoever was near. he was kicked out of his pre-k at 4 because of his behavior...

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM

EEEKKKKKK.................not to scare the crap out of you BUT it only gets worse, lol

Whimsical Ones (x1) 
Terrible Twos (x2) 
Terrifying Threes (x3) 
Fearsome Fours (x4) 
FIERCE FIVES (x5) 
Sour Sixes (x6) 
SNEAKY SEVENS (x7) 
EVIL EIGHTS (x8) 
Nasty Nines (x9) 
Tense TENS (x10) 
ELECTRIFYING ELEVENS (x11) 

TRICKY TWELVEs (x12) 
Quoting Crymsm:

No, his temper has really came out near the start of this year before he turned 4.  Damn kid phases.

Quoting Sassy762:

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:36 PM
4 moms liked this

if i were the other kids mom,id be upset that the teacher was 'totally cool' with a child choking another.my son is  autistic and some of the kids act out but strangling is frowned upon..just saying..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured