Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a good idea or no? Need help, moms that bake

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM
  • 15 Replies
Ok soo I wanted to try something different, I'm baking a cake(yellow)& I wanted to have chocalate chip cookie in the middle, I'm doing the 2 layer... Soo I was thinking about preparing the batter the right way & then pressing cooking dough down on the pan so that it covers it & then I was gonna pour the batter on top, I know it'll be good, I'm not worried about that, but do you think the cookie will burn? Is that a good idea? Or should I go about putting the cookie in their another way
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:40 PM
3 moms liked this
I would bake the cake layers normally, and bake your cookie separately in the same size pan you're using for the cake.
ConnorsmamaKim
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Agrees with mamajess. The dough and batter together would make for a mistake. 

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I just made cupcakes this way. You have to freeze the cookie dough.

P.S. I didn't like the taste. Wasn't good at all.

zombieskayer
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:43 PM

The cookie would probably burn. I think what I would do is bake one layer of yellow cake. The bake the other. While those two are cooling bake the cookie dough in the pan like its cake batter then when that cools lay a layer of yellow cake down. Ice it completely, then lay the cookie dough on top ice that then the other layer of yellow. 

BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I'd get two cake pans (or 3 if you're doing 2 layers of cake) and bake them separately. That way you know they're both cooked correctly and maybe you can do a fun filling in between. 

LABELmeCUTE
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Thank you,& what kind of filling?

Quoting BrittSam2011:

I'd get two cake pans (or 3 if you're doing 2 layers of cake) and bake them separately. That way you know they're both cooked correctly and maybe you can do a fun filling in between. 

BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:51 PM

You can do a buttercream filling or chocolate gonache, depending on which you like better.

Quoting LABELmeCUTE:

Quoting BrittSam2011:

.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:55 PM

This. 

That sounds good!!

Quoting MamaJess9:

I would bake the cake layers normally, and bake your cookie separately in the same size pan you're using for the cake.

Goddesswillow
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:56 PM

i dont know about with cakes (i would be worried about the cookies burning), but i do know it works with brownies, i like to do that sometimes

MamaRae85
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Chocolate ganache would be de-freaking-licious! YUM! You know something crazy? I've been doing cakes (as gifts, NOT selling lol) for a few years now, and I've never done one in ganache. *hangs head in shame*

I also agree with the idea to bake them separately.

Quoting BrittSam2011:

You can do a buttercream filling or chocolate gonache, depending on which you like better.

Quoting LABELmeCUTE:

Quoting BrittSam2011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured