Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He should be junk punched...regularly.

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 29 Replies

Does anyone else have a spouse or SO that does this?

DH can't give me a direct answer about ANYTHING, ever.

Its annoying. Not divorce worthy or fight worthy but it makes me want to hit him in the junk every now and then and be like "Hey! Stop that, you!"

I can ask him a question about just about anything and rather than think for five seconds and give me a real answer he'll use one of these gems:  "I don't know" or "I don't remember" or "I don't care."

So, say I ask him "What did you have for lunch" because you know, I'm making something for dinner and I want to make sure its not what he's already had and he's like "I don't remember." Really? You don't remember FIVE HOURS AGO?

Or "Hey, did you ever go to Disneyland?" "I don't know." Really? You don't know if you've ever been to the happiest fucking place on Earth?

Let's go out to eat. Where do you want to go, dear? "I don't care."PICK A FUCKING RESTAURANT, WEIRDO.

I wonder about him sometimes. Am I the only one married to most detached man on the planet?

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyfesha
by monster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Yes! It's so annoying!
redneckmama4
by Loree on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Maybe...???
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I mean, we're not asking complex questions. And there's no right or wrong answer.

Quoting mommyfesha:

Yes! It's so annoying!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Maybe.

The only time DH gives me half assed answers is when it comes to the kids. We have two teenage girls and in order for him to not be the bad guy he will never tell them no, he just says go ask your mom. Then when I ask he says, I don't care. Damnnnn it, give me an answer!!!!!

I can't imagine if he did this on everything. I would totally junk punch DH. How do you keep your sanity?

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I think "maybe" shows too much of a committment for him. He pretends he doesn't understand the question.

Quoting redneckmama4:

Maybe...???

RaniNY
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Yeah!!! I must have married his brother or cousin! :-(
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:02 PM

DH drives me nuts when he repeats what I say rather than answer the question. Example..."Hey Honey what do you want me to take out for dinner?" The he says to me "I don't know what would you like to take out for dinner?" UGH!!!

.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Mine does that. A lot. :/

Junk punching sounds like a fun plan though lol.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Well, it used to be a bigger PITA bc he would bitch if he didn't like what the end result was. So say I would ask him what he had for lunch and he said he didn't remember and I ordered pizza...I'd find out as I was opening the pizza box that he'd had pizza for lunch and he was just going to eat a peanut butter sandwich.

He found out real quick he wasn't going to get any sympathy from me.

I just don't understand WHY he does it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe.

The only time DH gives me half assed answers is when it comes to the kids. We have two teenage girls and in order for him to not be the bad guy he will never tell them no, he just says go ask your mom. Then when I ask he says, I don't care. Damnnnn it, give me an answer!!!!!

I can't imagine if he did this on everything. I would totally junk punch DH. How do you keep your sanity?

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PinkyPan:

DH drives me nuts when he repeats what I say rather than answer the question. Example..."Hey Honey what do you want me to take out for dinner?" The he says to me "I don't know what would you like to take out for dinner?" UGH!!!

I'm just like PICK SOMETHING. Like, if I'm asking him, obviously I don't have a preferene. Just pick something. Its not rocket science and you're not locked into it for the rest of your life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured