Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Birth photography---for a c-section??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

No matter how hard I fight, push and try I cannot seem to find an OB willing to allow me to try for a VBAC *back story-when I was 16 my boyfriend (now husband) and I were in a bad car accident and I crushed my pelvis. Fast forward to 22 when I had my son and after 21 hours of active labor, they opted for a c section and took me, kicking and screaming, to the OR. Because I had not used any pain meds they put my under general anesthesia. My son was born at 11:11 on a wednsday morning, I don't remember anything clearly until 4 or 5 thursday afternoon when the nurse was trying to give me another shot of pain meds (I didn't ask for) and I asked her not to and that I wanted my son. My husband, God bless him, had actually held my son to my chest and let him nurse that way. (We didn;t want to use formula so at least they did that much).*

I remember nothing of my son's first day of life and have no pictures of him (besides a few from family member's cell phones) for like the first week of his life.

So, this time I am using a spinal and really want a birth photographer. I know most of the time that they are used during natural births so I'm not sure if I could even find one willing to take photos of a boring c-section birth. The hospital we are birthing at this time seems to be more lax and has approved photography during a Cesarean before so that is not the issue...

It's more...should I? What are your thoughts of birth photography in general? How would a c-sec look in pictures anyway?

(no negativity please!)

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I've seen newborn pics... but not delivery ones. Not something I'd personally do, my privates are private and same goes for my insides

If you wanna do it though, go for it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM

C sections aren't giving birth. Of course not silly.

zombieskayer
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM

The only time I've seen delivery ones are for women who choose to not have their water broken and the baby is still in the sac when they pull them out of mama's belly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM
2 moms liked this

keepin' it classy, huh.

Thanks none the less.

Quoting Anonymous:

.PinkHart.
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Idk. No hospital here allows photography of any kind during the actual birthing process.
babie113
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM

i didnt have a photographer ..but we took our own pics with our digital camera they look good i would add them but my external hard drive where i keep all my pics is down

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:06 PM
7 moms liked this

what a cuntastically rude thing to say.

Quoting Anonymous:

ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I would do it!

In fact, i just hired a birth photographer, and a couple of my questions were, will you come with me if i need transferred (I'm having a homebirth) and can you take pictures if i need another csection?

Google csection birth photography. There can be some great images captured!
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I am not into the "delivery photos" where they are all up in your face and er....other areas but if you want to do it then I don't see a photographer turning you down just because they aren't going to get a "special area" shot

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I've literally never heard of having an actual professional photog there taking pics of the birth. I wish I had pics of my C-section so I could terrify random pregnant women with my 22 staple incision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)