Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im at my wits end with my husband

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this
He has been bugging me to go back to work since my son was ONE week old.
Hes 6 weeks old now, so i talked to my boss and got back on the schedule for two days a week on my husbands days off. Today was my first day back.

Well my husband decided to throw a temper tantrum and run home to his mommy's house and not watch our son... i was so lucky that my mom had today off and was able to take my son for a little bit.
And then my dumb bitch of a mil had the nerve to suggest to me that i hire a baby sitter THAT I DONT EVEN KNOW to watch my baby. Umm excuse me bitch, why the HELL would i pay someone i dont know to watch my baby when he has a parent who is off work for the day? Really? How about not letting your POS mommas boy of a son run to your house to have his temper tantrums and blow off his responsibilties?

So i had to go to work on my first day back and tell my boss i dont have anyone i can count on to watch my son so i cant be on the schedule yet.

And my husband is ignoring me now, wont answer his phone or text me back. Im seriously debating filing for divorce i see this as being very controlling. He wanted me to go back to work before i was finished healing or ready at all to leave my baby (who is breasfed btw) and now he is making sure it is impossible for me to go? I was sooo stressed out this morning trying to find someone to watch him, i went to work in tears. Is it too much to ask to have a husband i can count on?! He doesnt help with anything to do with the baby, i change his diaper, i feed him, i hold him when he cries... my husband doesnt do shit and then has the nerve to tell me that he hasnt gotten good sleep in a month... i havent slept more than 3-4 hours straight since he was born!

UGH theres my vent for the day. I think i hate his manipulative controlling ass. And my dumb bitch mil for raising such a douche.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow. He sounds like an ahole. :(
Sorry momma. *hugs*
MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:23 PM
That's rough. Sorry hun. Hope it gets better soon.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Kick him in the taint
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Yea. I wouldn't put up with that. Its not like you managed to make the baby all by yourself.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I would tell him to grow the fuck up or run back to his mama and just fucking stay there.  I would also file the divorce papers.

Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Sit down with your husband and tell him he has a choice.  He either steps up and acts like a parent, and if he doesn't feel up to that, you stop working. 

Caring for an infant can be overwhelming for everyone and there is a time where you have to learn what to do, how to do it, and transition into the role.  He needs to know that he doesn't get a choice.  The baby is here to stay and he is 50% responsible for the child.  Expecting him to care for the child isn't an unreasonable request.  If he is unsure what to do, get him parenting classes, or guide him through it, but don't let him off the hook.

And if your MIL has any more comments, remind her of those things above.  He is a parent now, and in this modern day, that means he acts like a parent.  If she doesn't think he should be responsible for his child, then she FAILED as his mother.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM

WHat a dick.

reava
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, do this.

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I'm sorry.  I know how it feels. 

Mine became a major asshole when our first was born.  He ran to mommy telling her how mean I was and never let him do anything.  It would have been hard to forbid him to do anything considering I rarely saw him.  The truth was that he wanted me to work but didn't want a daycare bill and didn't want me to get a job opposite shift of him (which would have been night work for me) because he'd be alone with the baby and because by that time he was out drinking most nights.  I packed mine and my son's bags and told him we were leaving.  He could be a drunken mama's boy loser and we would go on with our lives.  He decided to get his shit together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)