Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tennis shoe people, help!!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:28 PM
  • 31 Replies
Recently got an internship in a drs office so I wear my tennis shoes alot. I own 2 pairs for exercising, but never wear them otherwise. During the day when I'm wearing tennis shoes, my feet get so sore it's unreal. Mainly my big toes and the one next to it. When I put them on and put my heel where it goes, I can't feel the end of my shoes, but the more I walk, my toes get shoved in the front. My shoes are Nike and new balance. Are they too small?! I'm dying!
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PestPatti
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Not sure, the only time I wear sneakers is at the gym.  But I would think if they hurt.  You might want to find a different type of shoe. 

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Idk if its just because I'm not used to wearing them long term or what

Quoting PestPatti:

Not sure, the only time I wear sneakers is at the gym.  But I would think if they hurt.  You might want to find a different type of shoe. 

sarasunshine99
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Tennis player here.  I wear Asics gel lite tennis sneakers and I love them.  I have wider feet and wear a size 9 and they are the most comfortable and supportive sneaker I've ever owned.  A bit pricey but worth it.  I've tried ever other brand there is and dislike them for various reasons (quality, weird fit, zero support, etc.)  You can find them on zappos and if you hate them return them for free.  Good Luck.  I think sneaker buying is a lot like denim shopping.  It's a giant pain in the arse but once you find success, it's so worth it.  

PestPatti
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Could be, or you could need some type of "walking" shoe.   Just make sure you're not cutting the circulation off to your feet and toes.  I can't wear sneakers for anything except the gym.  They like strangle my feet.  I know its odd. 

Quoting TexasGirl90:

Quoting PestPatti:

Sj218
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Go get fitted! I didn't know I was wearing the wrong size of running shoes until I went and got fitted for shoes. There are all sorts of running shops that can help you get the perfect fit. I like Road Runner (they're all over the place) because they can always get shoes for my giant feet.
TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Did others hurt your toes??

Quoting sarasunshine99:

Tennis player here.  I wear Asics gel lite tennis sneakers and I love them.  I have wider feet and wear a size 9 and they are the most comfortable and supportive sneaker I've ever owned.  A bit pricey but worth it.  I've tried ever other brand there is and dislike them for various reasons (quality, weird fit, zero support, etc.)  You can find them on zappos and if you hate them return them for free.  Good Luck.  I think sneaker buying is a lot like denim shopping.  It's a giant pain in the arse but once you find success, it's so worth it.  

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM
No it's not odd! I'm having issues too lol

Quoting PestPatti:

Could be, or you could need some type of "walking" shoe.   Just make sure you're not cutting the circulation off to your feet and toes.  I can't wear sneakers for anything except the gym.  They like strangle my feet.  I know its odd. 

Quoting TexasGirl90:

Quoting PestPatti:

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Did yours practically bruise your toe nails?!

Quoting Sj218:

Go get fitted! I didn't know I was wearing the wrong size of running shoes until I went and got fitted for shoes. There are all sorts of running shops that can help you get the perfect fit. I like Road Runner (they're all over the place) because they can always get shoes for my giant feet.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Could be you're not wearing the right type for walking. Go get fitted

Go to a store where thy have you run and walk and stand on that machine. Then they will mark your pressure points. I am on cold mesa so I cannot think of the words but I have to have a lot of extra support on the inside arch of my shoe because I am flat footed and roll inward.

Getting fitted should help!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)