Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DD8 glasses are broken and I'm out $248!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 270 Replies
DD8 has told me she wants DF and I to break up. He tries to be so nice to her but she has a terrible attitude with him. She was mouthing off this evening because DF told her to finish her dinner. She didn't and I told her to put it in the fridge and if she got hungry later she could eat it. DF got ice cream for DS7 and DD4 who finished their dinner. DD8 started screaming saying see he never treats me fairly. I explained to her you didn't finish your dinner, they did so they get ice cream. She started yelling incoherently and I asked her to go to her room, she refused to go and DF carried her to her room. I heard her door close and DF came downstairs. Not two minutes later, she ran out of room saying look he broke my glasses! Her glasses were in three pieces and her lenses were scratched. I said to her I don't think DF would do that, we don't have insurance on them. And of course he said he didn't, he just carried her to her room, put her in her bed and left the room. I asked her what did you do? And she said he grabbed them off her face and broke off the sides and scratched the lenses. I told her tell me what really happened and she said I told you. We are at LensCrafters now and we're waiting for the new glasses which cost $248 and I'm pissed off. I feel she's trying to set up DF, we don't have that money right now and he knows what the glasses cost. She keeps saying she didn't do it.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Why did you spend so much on glasses? I would have bought her a cheap pair.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Get the insurance!!

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM
11 moms liked this
I'd tape up her glasses and make her wear them and tell her that lies don't get her new things. I'd make her wear them until she tells the truth. I'd also mention that you watched did bring her to her room so you know she is lying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Her lenses are $170, she wears a high prescription lense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why did you spend so much on glasses? I would have bought her a cheap pair.
natekenna
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Why wouldn't you buy insurance/warranty on your kids glasses?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I did this time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get the insurance!!

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Buy a $9 pair at wal mart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:49 PM
2 moms liked this
That's a tough situation. Is your DF her dad? If not, I'd leave the discipline up to you and not to him. I'd also make her get the cheapest frames. Can LC get the scratches out of the lenses? (Also, get insurance if you can manage it.)

Good luck and hugs.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:49 PM

You should have gotten the insurance. That is a lot of money for glasses. 

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Hell I get the warranty on mine. It is $30 or $35 bucks to get it, the $25 I think if you need to use it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)