Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has your kid ever missed breakfast?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

My son did not eat breakfast and then threw up at school. He told his school that he did not eat breakfast. The teacher gave him breakfast. Can I get in trouble if my kid refused breakfast?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM

BUMP!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Trouble? What kind of trouble do you think you will be in?

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

They've opted out of eating before, we don't force our kids to eat when they don't want to. 

TitaniumBiscuit
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM

My girls either eat breakfast here or at school when they get there.  I don't see how you could get into trouble by not feeding him breakfast, though.

Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a sad state of affairs when parents are now questioning every little thing wondering if they'll get in trouble.

I am sure you will be just fine.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM
My kids like breakfast, but my daughter had always needed a good hour of being awake before she is hungry enough to eat. My son had always wanted the food to teleport into his mouth the second he awakened.

However if he threw up, and doesn't typically refuse breakfast, it may have been the nausea that caused him to refuse food.
pce68
by Patti on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM

No you are not going to get in trouble if your child refuses to eat breakfast. Now if you don't feed them a single meal for a week, then you'd better go hide, because CPS is gonna be knocking on your door!

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM

If my kids don't eat, I can guarantee a vomiting episode - the voice of experience with my kids.

It's not a good idea to force kids to eat longterm, interferes with intuitive eating.

And frankly kids say a lot of crap at school that most people blow off unless they see a pattern of it, kwim? 

bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM

My kids 11 and 5 go to school every day without breakfast. They dont like to eat in the morning unless they have been up for at least 3-4 hours. Weekends we do brunch around 11am.

They have snack time at school at 9:30am so they just eat then.

MrsAmyLynn83
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:13 PM

We aren't breakfast eaters... never have been. I'd guess my son eats something for breakfast about once a week. I offer something daily, and multiple choices  - but I'm not going to force him to eat. I've never been one to eat breakfast either. I have coffee and he'll have some juice or milk. I've talked to his doctor about it before and he agreed with my thinking, if he was hungry he'd eat. There is no shortage of food in our home ever. Lunch and dinner, we all eat those meals - but I don't push breakfast. He's 8 if that matters. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)