Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confused, I though we grew up

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM
  • 13 Replies

I recently reconnected with my two best friends from high school we graduated in 2003. We spent the day together while the kids were in school well most of them. both of them have 3 yr olds as well as older children. I only have older kids 11, 9, 6 and I will admit I am not perfect I am a smoker but I smoke outside if that makes it any better my kids no I smoke and I am a diet pepsi addict but these two were smoking weed in front of the kids we were all in the living room and when I asked them about it they said they smoke weed in front of all their kids. WTH????? Am I wrong to be annoyed with their behavior and they want me to bring my kids up so we can have a sleep over with all of our kids. I thought we grew up....

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ewild
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't personally see anything wrong with weed, but I believe breaking the law in front of your children shows a disrespect to authority which seems to be a huge problem now a days. (Assuming it is illegal where you live)

KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Do you smoke cigarettes or weed?

ewild
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Quoting KylesWifey:

Do you smoke cigarettes or weed?

cigarettes
ewild
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I live in Michigan and weed is only allowed for medical reasons with a special card you get from your Dr. neither of them have it

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't personally see anything wrong with weed, but I believe breaking the law in front of your children shows a disrespect to authority which seems to be a huge problem now a days. (Assuming it is illegal where you live)

ewild
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM

BUMP!

ewild
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM

BUMP!

ewild
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM

BUMP!

thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Oh geez I can totally relate to this. I had a rough patch in my life in my early 20's and assumed I was behind in my personal growth compared to my high school peers. When I joined FB my jaw dropped- Still up the the same ol, same exact friends and struggles, but now with kids. Growth is good!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I know where your coming from, I had a friend who had teens when my kids were small. I would have her dd's babysit my kids on the nights the friend and I hung out, sure sometimes there was weed for us adults but when our kids werent there ( kids at my house, adults at her house).

Now her dd is an adult with her own kids, ages 6 & 3, I went over with my friend to visit  her dd and shes sitting there smoking a blunt while her kids run around the room, when it passed to me I felt so uncomfortable , I refused ( I didnt have my kids with me).

I guess its the norm now. Because my friend the kids grandma didnt say anything and smoked the blunt while talking to her grand daughter...  I will never go over there again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN