Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Edited. What happened today? WHAT just happened?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM
  • 285 Replies
3 moms liked this
Edit: This was not my first baby. It is my second.
Everyone is asking if its my first. No...? It even said at the top "another pregnancy".
Meaning 2! lmao.
With my first, I never waited 2 hours.
2 hours is unacceptable.

Half of the moms give advice about appointments.
And half are telling me I'm a drama queen.

I read most of the replies about switching and I think I'm gonna switch to a midwife at my dr's office.

Thanks for the replies!

And I'm sorry if some of you think 2 hours of waiting to essentially get nothing accomplished is okay.
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
8 moms liked this
Honey take the first date of your last period, add 7 days then count back 3 months. For example. October 22 you add 7 days which makes it the 29. Then count back 3 months. Sept. August July. Your due date would be July 29.
Standard dating. Take a breath it's ok I promise.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
They count the date of your last period just as a marker. That's not when you got pregnant. You got pregnant around the time you ovulated about 2 weeks after that. That's why you thought you were 8 weeks when actually 10 weeks. But it's hard to pinpoint that day, so the LMP is the point of reference.

With your LMP date there are lots of online calculators that will give due date.

Just breathe, I hope your appointments go a lot better from here on out. FWIW, at my office the first appt is always paperwork too.

And congrats!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM
4 moms liked this
Lol you sound frustrated. A 25m wait is pretty standard. I don't think I've ever been seen on time.
What clear blue test did you take that told you how far along you were. I've never heard of that
And I doubt by asking about this pregnancy she was saying you shouldn't have one because you are young. I think you took that to personally lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Did they do an ultrasound to hear the heart rate? I'm shocked if they could hear the heart at 8 weeks with a doppler. Otherwise it sounds pretty normal.
happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM
I just don't get why they couldn't do anything.

I think I'm due April 18th.
Maybe

Quoting Anonymous:

Honey take the first date of your last period, add 7 days then count back 3 months. For example. October 22 you add 7 days which makes it the 29. Then count back 3 months. Sept. August July. Your due date would be July 29.

happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I'm 10 weeks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did they do an ultrasound to hear the heart rate? I'm shocked if they could hear the heart at 8 weeks with a doppler. Otherwise it sounds pretty normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
17 moms liked this
Dramatic. 26 minutes? The horror!

Standard questions and an exam for my first visit!? OMG let's freak out.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM
My first apt was just paperwork and listened to the heartbeat. I didn't get a due date until I was about 12w with both girls.

Quoting happymomma13:

I just don't get why they couldn't do anything.

I think I'm due April 18th.

Maybe

Quoting Anonymous:

happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Oh okay. Gotcha. Thanks

Quoting smorgan865:

They count the date of your last period just as a marker. That's not when you got pregnant. You got pregnant around the time you ovulated about 2 weeks after that. That's why you thought you were 8 weeks when actually 10 weeks. But it's hard to pinpoint that day, so the LMP is the point of reference.

With your LMP date there are lots of online calculators that will give due date.

Just breathe, I hope your appointments go a lot better from here on out. FWIW, at my office the first appt is always paperwork too.

And congrats!!

happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM
3 moms liked this
I was there for 2 hours with only 2 things done.

It's not dramatic, it's poor care.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dramatic. 26 minutes? The horror!

Standard questions and an exam for my first visit!? OMG let's freak out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)