Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A@@Holes in Retail!!!! - Come Share stories too!!!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM
  • 88 Replies

Needing to Vent 

Gotta love working in retail.....NOT!!!

Today has probably been the worst day from hell. WOW didn't realize that the 3 years I haven't been in the retail world people now expect you to be their personal shopper....

That there are people out there that make the sloppiest shoplifters look like they are angels. I'm willing to give you store credit or exchange 2 items over $25 each, of which are most likely stolen in the first place, and that's UNACCEPTABLE??!! Whatever......

BUT..The highlight of today was the customer who wanted me to measure the length of the inseam of his pants. Uh........Sorry, here's the tape measure and there's the fitting room.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katemckenzie
by Kate on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Drunk old lady tried to steal a 7 ft tall fake palm tree, then proceeded to crash into my manager's car after we asked her to leave. This was a few years ago when I worked as a 3rd shift cashier.

QueenofHouse11
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

soo glad I don't work retail lol

Otterpuff
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:35 AM
My coworker found a puddle of pee in an aisle along with a stuffed bear on the floor. She picked up the bear and the bear was drenched in pee. Guess they tried cleaning with the bear we sold. This was yesterday.
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:35 AM
2 moms liked this
I worked at jcpenny a while back and I once had to knock on the fitting rooms and tell a couple that they needed to stop having sex in there or else the police would be called. Here's the worst part, it all happened inthe CHILDRENS department. I was the last one to say not it so that's why I had to tell them lol.
OhSara87
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I used to work at Old Navy and for most of them they have an employee in the fitting rooms at all times, bc thats where the phone is as well.  That has happened to me a few times. One was a grown ass woman and the other was a kid still potty training.

Quoting Otterpuff:

My coworker found a puddle of pee in an aisle along with a stuffed bear on the floor. She picked up the bear and the bear was drenched in pee. Guess they tried cleaning with the bear we sold. This was yesterday.

Kayla2013
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Ive worked at LB and CBCJ. Never have we had people like this. Only thing wrong we had at LB was a guy called for 3 weeks asking what color our undies were or bra color and size.

I mean it is America. We feel the need to always ask for something more. Like free shipping, discounts, ect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM
4 moms liked this

Go read notalwaysright.  You might feel better, lol.

Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I worked at a Maurice's when my boys were babies. Every few weeks this lady would come in,in a rush and grab a shit ton of clothes,try them on,and said they didn't work and left. Left a huge mess on the floor. At least most people with good manners hung the clothes back on the hangers. And I would always have to stand in the front to watch for shoplifters. Unfortunately if we ever caught one we weren't aloud to go after them. We would have to wait for the very very old or very over weight security guard.
twade26
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I work at ferguson and we sell high end appliances. This guy had a bitch fit and cursed me out because I wouldn't let him bring his 160lb dog inside our showroom. Then he thought the sales associate would agree with him and allow it because he said he was coming to buy a 11000 fridge. Um, no sir you cannot bring your big ass dog in here.

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting QueenofHouse11:

soo glad I don't work retail lol

Seriously.  I would get arrested, or quit in some flamboyantly "sick of this shit!" way.

People are often dicks.  I do not deal well with that ANYMORE, lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)