Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is how you're gonna repay me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I am so through with all of this shit!!!! Long, boring rant.

I have been friends with this girl, K, for years. At least 7 years. Well I have ALWAYS been there for her. She needed clothes when we were teens, I gave her a brand new pair of pants and several shirts and other pants that "weren't comfortable" anymore (I had a job and paid for everything on my own).

When a mutual friend was dissing her, and avoiding her to hang out with someone else, I stayed with her and listened to her vent even when I could have been with the mutual friend or with other people. (Offered to take her out she wanted to mope at her house for a week)

When her family lost their home I convinced my mom to let them stay with us for a while. Then let my friend stay over as often as she wanted when they moved into a camper on her grandpas property.

When her mom died I let her cry on my shoulder.

When she had her son. I was at the hospital with her. Anytime she needs advice or has a question about him I listen and advise/ answer the best I can.

When her ex kicked her door in at 3 am I stayed with her for a week so she would feel safe.

When she took him back and then moved into his house and he choked her and bruised her, I dropped everything to help her move. I risked losing my apartment so her and her son would have a place to stay.

Over the years this is how she has managed to prove her friendship...

When the mutual friend turned her anger/psycho on me she sided with the friend unless I was right there.

When I was raped, the mutual friend started telling everyone I had turned her in to the cops (for some imaginary crime she thought she committed) K sided with her. They called me one day about 2 weeks after I was raped saying if they ever saw me again they would kick my ass. Sent me a few threatening texts as well. (I was 15 and wound up crying in bed an entire day) They even turned my sister against me and until about 4 years ago she believed the lies

Me and K made up but I never forgave mutual friend. (I later found out K and mutual were having problems) I always had to pay gas for her to come see me or find a way to see her (we lived about 20 miles apart at this point)

I got pregnant 2 years before she did. I heard from her 3 times after I told her I was pregnant. and each time I initiated it until she showed up at my house a month after I had my baby to tell me her mom died.

She just moved out of my apartment in august. We had made plans to go out for her 21st bday and I was all excited to get a girls night and get her plastered in public. Well she never showed up (at this point she was still living here) two days later she tells me that she met up with a few friends and they took her out. (I understand it is her bday and she can do what she wants and all but the least she could have done was tell me. I had a babysitter lined up. Luckily i figured when I hadn't heard from her all day that she wasn't coming back so I called the babysitter and cancelled)

Well now here we are and I have messaged her and stuff and if she feels like it she will message me back and if she doesn't I wont hear from her until the next time i message her. She was on facebook and as soon as I got on there she turned her chat to offline. (Yes I know thats what she did becuase after I got off she got back on 3 times in 30 minutes. I pop in and out of facebook when I am bored)

Unfortunately I am lame and have no friends besides her (according to the shrinks I visited its largely her and the mutual friends fault that I have a hard time making friends)

But I am seriously thinking about just deleting her on facebook and changing my number. The only reason she ever gets ahold of me is when she needs something.

If you made it to the end Kudos to you.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heydooney
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM
That's not a friend. I'm sorry.
twade26
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Cut  her out of your life. She is not your friend and is just using you.

HumanBeing
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Friendships are not about keeping score on who does what.

If she's a toxic person cut her out. You are a adult though and have chosen to keep contacting her. Stop doing that.
Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:32 AM
She sucks. Get rid of her
susannah2000
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Sometimes I just really don't understand how people manage to get out of bed in the morning without help. If you go so far as to list every way you HAVE been there for her, and she HASN'T been there for you, do you need a brick wall to fall on you?

Maxamista
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Drop her ass. Change your number and just block her on facebook if you like having the account. Sorry you were hurt by her and the man that raped you. hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:33 AM

I know. And I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself too :( I know I need to just end the "friendship" but she is honestly the only person I can consider a friend. Anytime anyone else tries to get friendly with me I take a step back so we stay at the aquaintance stage. Trust issues and all that good stuff. I need to get over it and make some friends but its alot easier said than done....

Quoting heydooney:

That's not a friend. I'm sorry.

CMsMommy
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:35 AM
i had a friend like that. Deleted her 5 years back and never looked back.She tried to get back in my life by sending me emails. Deleted them too. I hate parasites.
momofpreemieboy
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:37 AM

I would just stop texting her or calling, people like her only want to make themselves feel important. I would just end the so called friendship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Quoting HumanBeing:

Friendships are not about keeping score on who does what.

If she's a toxic person cut her out. You are a adult though and have chosen to keep contacting her. Stop doing that.

I know its not about who does what. Up until this past year I didn't even realize she was only using me. I know I need to just cut her out of my life but its a lot harder than it sounds.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)