Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Throwing up foam

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Ive been throwing up for about 3 hrs now -- bad stomach bug. Everything seems like a normal stomach bug except that I am throwing up foam and afterwards it feels like my stomach is a huge huge ball of foam. No more will come up and out until I have to actually throw up again from the bug. Does anyone know what this is - Oh Great Cafemom Drs.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:28 AM
ummmm I've got nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:29 AM
The only time I threw up foam was six hours after I downed two bottles of pills. So unless you've done that, I wouldn't know. Hope you feel better soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Dehydration. Usually (when I was pregnant) you needed to go get treated for dehydration at your dr or the Er. I think it is still the same concept when not pregnant but I never had it except while pregnant. I hope you feel better soon! :(
SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this
It's normal. Caused from having an empty stomach and air mixing with the bile. Nothing to worry about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I threw up foam during morning sickness when I was pregnant with DD.  

Xanbuttsmom
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this
What these ladies said. Basically you got nothin' left. I would suggest small sips of room temp water. If you keep puking, next will be a nasty yellow substance. Its your stomach lining. Yuk.
As soon as you can get some power aid or Gatorade
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Crunch ice chips.  DH was in the hospital and he couldnt keep water down but the ice chips were small enough to work.  You could tell when he started feeling better because he would let them sit and melt so he could have small sips. (sitting in a hospital bed for days makes you think creatively I guess)

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Ice. Water. Crackers. You will throw it back up but it will not be foam. Lol

Its normal. I had a bug for 2 days and when it was over, after begging the universe to kill me, I noticed I had the foam on my shoes that were by my bed and it bleached the color out of them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)