Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be uncomfortable in this situation???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I went with stepson to his preschool field trip today. Dh has custody and either dh or i usually do the school activities with stepson. Everything was going great. Then stepson wanted me to meet his best friend.

I got to talking to the best friend's mom. When I introduced myself as the stepmother, she acted rather surprised and a bit uncomfortable. Once we talked more, she asked why stepson's mom wasn't there... I just told her that he lived with us and left it at that. I almost felt like she was asking to make sure it was worth her time to talk to me...

Would you be uncomfortable talking to a child's stepmother in a school setting if you had never met the parents?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:37 AM
3 moms liked this
I wouldnt be. There are all different types of famalies.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Not at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:46 AM
1 mom liked this
It wouldn't matter to me. I'm pretty quiet either way.
Xanbuttsmom
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:49 AM
It sounds to me like she was asking out of curiosity. Maybe she was just asking about what kind of mother this kid has. Either way it wouldn't make me uncomfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Nope. I'm a sm myself, so it wouldn't bother me in the least! Lol
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Ill talk to anyone, unless they're a bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:52 AM
I wasn't really sure how to answer her. I didn't want to make it sound negative towards mom by saying she wasn't involved with his education, so I tried to answer as simply ad possible and change the subject.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

It sounds to me like she was asking out of curiosity. Maybe she was just asking about what kind of mother this kid has. Either way it wouldn't make me uncomfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm the same way!! Lol

Quoting Keara20:

Ill talk to anyone, unless they're a bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:54 AM
I just didn't want her to assume ss had some screwed up home life or something since he lives with us!

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. I'm a sm myself, so it wouldn't bother me in the least! Lol
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:54 AM
She probably assumed thr child dosent live with you and was deciding if she wanted to waste her time getting to know someone she wont see often.

Also, when DD was in school she had a friend whos parents and step parents alternated going to school functions and for us other parents, honestly, it was a bit of a pain.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)