Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So sick of people thinking money will solve everything.

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:47 AM
  • 268 Replies
8 moms liked this

When I was growing up I lived an upper middle class life. My dad worked a decent paying job and my mom and dad both owned buisnesses on and off. We had the money to go places and shop and go out to eat, blah blah blah. After my grandparents lost their money in the stock's and my parent's got divorced everything started to get shitty. My grandparents barly can live off their earnings since they are retired and once they where millionares. Mom and I are both on SSI disibility and half our money goes to my grandparents for food and bills. So to the point in why I am sick of hearing people say money will solve everything is because. I lived both lives and pain, family drama and everyother struggle you have doesnt go away because you have money. Yes you can pay you're bills and shop at you're favorite stores but you still will be upset and have to deal with everything else life brings. The only thing i learned about having money is you eat at better reasturants and you buy expensive clothing. Please dont think Money changes everything because it doesnt. I have to admit i do still act like a spoild brat at times because i am used to living a certin life style but i ground myselt and just move on and figure out a way i can do it diffrently.

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:50 AM
49 moms liked this
It helps solve problems. It helps to not have to worry about paying bills and buying food every month.

It isn't everything, but it helps.
bellasmommy1988
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:55 AM

I explained that. It wont change peoples views on you and it wont change the way you live life. Most people that say this are the people that want to be rich like movie stars and have the same diva attitude.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

It helps solve problems. It helps to not have to worry about paying bills and buying food every month.

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Definitely not everything.

Still, if you ask someone if they would rather have a lot of money or very little, which will they choose? Things are even worse when you can barely pay your bills, feed yourself without help, or take care of your children.

Sometimes money really is the end all, be all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Louweezymarie
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:01 AM
15 moms liked this

I feel sorry for those that come from money... if everything falls apart, they usually have no idea how to live off of next to nothing and they wind up completely screwed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I know a man who's terminally ill and has made peace with his life, bought the biggest best toys(boats,cars) had his home custom built, made a great deal of money. Only problem is his needing the best of everything strained the relationship he had with family. So you're right money doesnt solve everything- but I'd give anything for my family to have more time with him.
supergasper
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this

There are some problems money can solve, and some it can't.  I, too, have seen both sides first hand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:08 AM
34 moms liked this
Your argument is flawed. You lived as upper middle class and maybe now are lower middle class..? You can afford to give your grandparents half of your income? there are people that are without: that don't eat dinner to ensure their kids do, that work second and third jobs to keep a roof over their family's head, that take 30 second showers because they can't afford hot water and the warmest water you get is what's been sitting in the pipes. To those people money helps
askyourmother
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Why is half of your money going to your grandparents? Do you live with them? Or are they making you support them? I wouldn't support anyone if I could barely support myself.
jakesmom323
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I agree.
momto3B
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM
4 moms liked this

It will certainly make it easier to pay for the doctors and therapists you need to understand why your life is so unhappy.

Quoting bellasmommy1988:

I explained that. It wont change peoples views on you and it wont change the way you live life. Most people that say this are the people that want to be rich like movie stars and have the same diva attitude.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)