Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sister or Cousin? Who would you choose? **EDIT**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies

Poll

Question: Who would you choose??

Options:

Sister

Cousin

Neither

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 112

View Results

Ok so to choose you have to know the backstory and yes it involves other people's business but you have to know to make an informed decision.

Both want to move in with my family and I. Its 5 of us already, if my sister moves in it'll be 7, if cousin moves in it'll be 6. Both will affect my family but one more than the other so here goes:

My cousin is currently in prison we'll call him "Bob". 4 years ago "Bob" met a girl online. Bob was 21 and the girl "said" she was 18 (get where this is going?) turns out she was only 15 or 16 and he got an indecent liberty charge. First offense EVER and he got 5 years and he has to register has a sex offender. He had originally planned on going home next year to his gf but she is currently 5 months pregnant (not his) and they are trying to figure things out so he wants to take a break.

I have an 8 yr old son. I don't think for a minute my cousin would ever do anything to harm my son however my ex and I aren't exactly chummy so should it get out somehow I see it causes me some problems in the future.

With my sister she is 19 and has an almost 3yr old. She has been pregnant 3 times. Once at 14 and she had an abortion, about 6 months later she got pregnant again. This time she decided she wanted to keep it but hide it from everyone but told us.

Long story short she went back and forth between families saying that we were trying to make her keep the baby and that they were trying to make her abort, it caused a lot of drama, fussing and cussing etc. We never tried to force her we just told her what her options were and she decided to play both sides. She ended up going back to the abortion clinic but couldn't have the abortion because she was already 6 months pregnant.

3-4 months ago she got pregnant again and had another abortion. I won't say I hate her but she is acting very irresponsible and killing children that didn't ask to be here. Also, we would be footing the gas bill to take her back and forth to school as well as back and forth home on the weekends. She would be coming to stay to go to school (she dropped out) and get her high school diploma so maybe a year at the most, maybe a year and a half?

My cousin would also be staying for about a year or so (on probation/house arrest) if not indefinitely if he and his gf don't work out. At 26 he'll hopefully be able to find work and help carry his own weight as far as bills and such.

So who would you choose???

EDIT: So after many replies it looks like the majority voted either my sister or neither. I have no problem with my sister moving in if she has shown that she has matured and is over the petty drama. At 19 almost 20 I hope she realizes that we are doing her a favor by taking her and her daughter in for free as well as taking her back and forth to school because we want her to get an education.

As far as my cousin goes, if his parole stipulates that he can't be around children then he'll be homeless because everyone in our family has underage children. Maybe he can go to a halfway house until he gets on his feet??

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM

none.

Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Both sound like trouble and I don't want trouble in my house.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Your sister. 

Mom2tmk
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM

neither

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Why?

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Your sister. 

AuntieM
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
There may not be a debate. Most of the time if someone is a registered sex offender they cannot be around anyone under 18. Depends on the terms of his parole.
Kylie819
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Forgive me if I missed this in the OP, but where is your sister living now? Why does she need to move?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Is your screen name from Adventure Time? Jw Elaborate please?

Quoting Punchyobuns:

Both sound like trouble and I don't want trouble in my house.

towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this
If I had to do it for one, the sister. However, I wouldn't want either one. Cousin: not willing to risk losing my kids. Sister: not willing to be her mother
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Neither. They both sound like trouble.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)