Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the only one that doesn't celebrate Halloween? *Edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 912 Replies
13 moms liked this
I know I'm in the minority. How about you?

EDIT-I celebrate Christmas and Easter because they're about the birth and resurrection of Jesus. Halloween celebrates death. I celebrate life not death. When my daughter was little I took her to the fall fest at our church. She always dressed as an angel. She got tons of candy and had lots of fun.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't celebrate  holidays any more.   My  kids are grown.  When  Halloween  night  rolls around.   I turn  off the lights and watch  tv  or  play   games on my pc  and also  unplug the doorbell.  

My kids are grown.

busymommy2013
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:56 AM
20 moms liked this
I love Halloween. I love passing out candy to all of the little kids after taking my own trick or treating. It's somewhat of a cozy feeling after being out in the gold with happy kids dressed in costumes, to be able to come home to a warm home and drink hot tea and see all of the other neighborhood kids in their costumes.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:57 AM
2 moms liked this

I know there are people that don't, but very few and far inbetween. How come you don't celebrate it? It's fun :)

GaleJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:00 AM
16 moms liked this
When our son was young he did all the usual Halloween activities and I still get treats to hand out although the last couple of years there have only been a very few Trick or Treaters. I do decorate the interior of our home heavily but while it "covers" Halloween it is mainly intended to be part of our Pagan celebration of Samhain, which it one of my favorite holidays on the wheel of the year.
smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:00 AM
2 moms liked this
We celebrate it. This is going to be the first year that we arent going trick or treating. This year we are going to a haunted trail and then to ghost road to try to see the lights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:18 AM
25 moms liked this
I'm a Christian and don't feel it's right because its meanings having to do with superstitions and occult practices. Sure it's fun and the candy's great, but God tells us to have nothing to do with the occult and Halloween does.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I know there are people that don't, but very few and far inbetween. How come you don't celebrate it? It's fun :)

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:19 AM
65 moms liked this

oh 

my god

and this is where religion becomes dumb smh.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a Christian and don't feel it's right because its meanings having to do with superstitions and occult practices. Sure it's fun and the candy's great, but God tells us to have nothing to do with the occult and Halloween does.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:24 AM
3 moms liked this
Why is it dumb?

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

oh 

my god

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM
7 moms liked this

God TOLD you to not have anything to do with Halloween? Pretty sure God would want your children to have fun and enjoy traditional holidays.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it dumb?

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

oh 

my god

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:29 AM
8 moms liked this
Yes he wants us to have fun, but have nothing to do with occult practices.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

God TOLD you to not have anything to do with Halloween? Pretty sure God would want your children to have fun and enjoy traditional holidays.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it dumb?

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

oh 

my god

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN