Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion pill

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 215 Replies
This post is not meant to debate the issue. If you would like to do that, please start your own post. Thank you...

My best friend is taking the abortion pill next week. She and I have done some research online but there are questions we have that I haven't found answers to. I want to support her as much as possible as she is going through this alone. Any tips on what I can do for her, whether it's bring meals, stuff to have on hand after she takes the meds, how to offer emotional support ext are all greatly appreciated!
If anyone has taken it...
Were you able to work after taking the first med? She is taking it on Tuesday and unsure if she should request off Wednesday and Thursday or just Friday when she takes the second medication.
How unpleasant is it physically?
Thank you for your help.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jakesmom323
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I would think that it is not pleasant. She should call the Doctor on how her recovery would be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
She has. They said she has to come in Saturday to watch a video that will answer her questions. She needs to request off ahead of time.

Quoting jakesmom323:

I would think that it is not pleasant. She should call the Doctor on how her recovery would be.

jakesmom323
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Is she doing this because of a Genetic deformity? Is the baby 20 wks? Just curious. Labor is labor..Her office can't tell her how much time she needs for recovery?

Quoting Anonymous:

She has. They said she has to come in Saturday to watch a video that will answer her questions. She needs to request off ahead of time.

Quoting jakesmom323:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
No, the embryo is only 5 wks. She has a medical condition that makes it very dangerous for her to remain pregnant.

Quoting jakesmom323:

Is she doing this because of a Genetic deformity? Is the baby 20 wks? Just curious. Labor is labor..Her office can't tell her how much time she needs for recovery?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jakesmom323:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Bmp
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Bringing meals would be nice...she should rest as much as possible. Maybe even rent some movies for her to watch? Something to keep her mind off the pain. A heating pad might help with a little of the pain too, if you have one of those. She won't be in agony, but it won't be a walk in the park, either. There will be some major cramping and significant discomfort. She will need to lay down most of the day. I did it on a Saturday, and was able to go back to work on Monday, no problem. I haven't heard of taking the pills several days apart, I took them about 12 hours apart so it was all in one day. I wouldn't say she'd necessarily need to take two days off, but the day after would probably be a good idea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Thank you so much!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Bringing meals would be nice...she should rest as much as possible. Maybe even rent some movies for her to watch? Something to keep her mind off the pain. A heating pad might help with a little of the pain too, if you have one of those. She won't be in agony, but it won't be a walk in the park, either. There will be some major cramping and significant discomfort. She will need to lay down most of the day. I did it on a Saturday, and was able to go back to work on Monday, no problem. I haven't heard of taking the pills several days apart, I took them about 12 hours apart so it was all in one day. I wouldn't say she'd necessarily need to take two days off, but the day after would probably be a good idea.

MommyDearest__
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM
11 moms liked this
I'd prefer labor over killing my baby and having to feel and know it. Ijs
jakesmom323
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I figured it had to be something really serious:( I know Dr offices only do that if its bad bad news. Glad you can be there for her.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, the embryo is only 5 wks. She has a medical condition that makes it very dangerous for her to remain pregnant.

Quoting jakesmom323:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jakesmom323:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)