Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not Giving out Halloween Candy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What for?  I have no little kids anymore, and all that comes to the door are greedy teens....

the hell with it

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I am. I bought three big candy bowls and will fill them up with candy. I'll be taking my daughter truck or treating. It won't be for very long because she will be only 23 months. So I'll come back and hand out the rest if it isn't all gone yet. We live on a Military base with a lot of kids around. I'm hoping they take it all so I don't have to eat it lol
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:02 AM

My only kids are furry and they don't get candy but Halloween was mine and my son's favorite holiday. I have not been able to really do Halloween since he died ... I try but always end up in bed with the covers over my head suffering from a migraine.

I am determined to do it this year. I just have to figure out how to make the porch light work ... it's motion sensor only. *frown*

tardistraveller
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I don't because I am not allowed ;)

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:03 AM

we are not home to give it out. They have a very strictly enforced 6-8pm time frame. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:03 AM
We're doing playdoh and candy for the kids, boxes of raisins for the teens and adults.
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:05 AM
That time of the month?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

get a battery operated lantern to set out on your porch for the evening

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

My only kids are furry and they don't get candy but Halloween was mine and my son's favorite holiday. I have not been able to really do Halloween since he died ... I try but always end up in bed with the covers over my head suffering from a migraine.

I am determined to do it this year. I just have to figure out how to make the porch light work ... it's motion sensor only. *frown*

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Turn your porch light off and that's that!  Not really a big deal!

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Me either. My kids are grown and we dont get enough kids to make it worth my dogs barking when someone comes to the door. So I turn the lights down, close the blinds and do my own thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM
3 moms liked this

Why do so many people leave teens out of it? Are they not supposed to go out and have fun to? I went trick or treating with my friends until we had our own children. When did Halloween become only for little kids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)