Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not Giving out Halloween Candy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What for?  I have no little kids anymore, and all that comes to the door are greedy teens....

the hell with it

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
she_walk_softly
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I'm not giving out candy but I doubt any kids are going to go walking in the woods to find my house:P 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:14 AM

for me, when the teens became thugs and destroyed our displays one year....then they tried changing costumes and returning for more candy

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do so many people leave teens out of it? Are they not supposed to go out and have fun to? I went trick or treating with my friends until we had our own children. When did Halloween become only for little kids?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

My only kids are furry and they don't get candy but Halloween was mine and my son's favorite holiday. I have not been able to really do Halloween since he died ... I try but always end up in bed with the covers over my head suffering from a migraine.

I am determined to do it this year. I just have to figure out how to make the porch light work ... it's motion sensor only. *frown*

Dress up and sit out on your porch! Put up decorations, etc...

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Oh! That's a great idea!! Our other thought was a lamp with a drop cord but I like the lantern idea better! Thanks!!

Quoting Anonymous:

get a battery operated lantern to set out on your porch for the evening

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

My only kids are furry and they don't get candy but Halloween was mine and my son's favorite holiday. I have not been able to really do Halloween since he died ... I try but always end up in bed with the covers over my head suffering from a migraine.

I am determined to do it this year. I just have to figure out how to make the porch light work ... it's motion sensor only. *frown*

lilyrose2011
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I wish kids would come here haha we live in the out skirts so we don't get trick or treaters.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Dress up and sit out on your porch! Put up decorations, etc...

Thought of that too ... I always do decorations. Putting them up (most of them) this weekend. 

virgochild79
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:20 AM

OMG me neither! Last year I was so pissed because I only got a few little kids, the rest were greedy, loud ass teenagers who didn't even have a costume on. I'm not buying all that candy for ungrateful teenagers. I'm not even going to decorate my outside, only the inside. I'm going to take my kids out to a Halloween party and then trick or treating.

Nicoles2LilRams
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:21 AM

no one comes trick or treating where we live anyway, so neither am i

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Changing costumes to get more candy is nothing new, that's been going on for years! Lol We used to go around the same block over and over, though we never changed costumes! This was when we were a bit younger and our parents first let us out on our own, we couldn't go more than three blocks from the house we left! Destroying things is never OK but I wouldn't judge a whole group of people on a few jerks. We put on huge parties every year, the neighbor kids (and parents) always end up joining in. Then we have a gigantic group of people go door to door, it is a blast! We pull out all the stops for Halloween. OK OK I am rambling on... I am just stupidly excited for Halloween!

Quoting Anonymous:

for me, when the teens became thugs and destroyed our displays one year....then they tried changing costumes and returning for more candy

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do so many people leave teens out of it? Are they not supposed to go out and have fun to? I went trick or treating with my friends until we had our own children. When did Halloween become only for little kids?

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM
For me it is not about the candy it is a FUN TIME OF THE YEAR. Who does not enjoy having fun? Ya know spirit of halloween for me applies to all ages. We will not be home but ill be leaving a big bowl of candy on our front porch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured