Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wdyd when teacher sends home a note for behavior?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The past 3 days she has made a comment that my dd has been talkative. Dd is in big trouble but I don't know what to write back. I just sign it as I'm supposed to.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Replies (21-30):
SaraBethKY
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Don't think you child is the bad kid. I would take a talkative kid in my class anyday over a kid with a bad attitude or one who was disrespectul. Some of my favorite students were ones who often got that comment written on their daily behavior sheets. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am very embarrassed by it. I can't believe my child is the bad kid in class.

Quoting fatcat0908:

You acknowledge that you will/have talked to your child at home about the behavior and ask if there is anything else you can be doing/saying to your child to help remedy the behavior in the classroom.

mariesmama
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:44 AM

my daughter has either a expressive language disorder or an auditory processing  disorder she cant communicate right,so she bites i'd rather have your problem she's 4

ILoveBeingAMom1
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:44 AM

You need to apologize to the teacher and let her know you are taking necessary actions to ensure it will stop.

awesomemommy2
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I would write back that you have spoken with your daughter about listening in school and not talking while others are, etc.    Thanks for letting you know and me keep me posted if the chattiness doesnt stop.   

Also talk to your daughter about it.   Is she only chatty with certain kids?   Could the teacher move her desk/seat?   Is your child bored in class?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I wish my son's only problem was being talkative. He is "that" kid at school-- having a hard time adjusting to Kindergarten and I think everyone is leaning towards ADHD. (That's very hard for me to accept because I've never really "believed" in ADHD.) It has been terribly embarassing and I feel like a failure because this is not how I raised him.

Just talk it over with her. Maybe review when it is time to talk and when it is time to listen. As someone else suggested I would just say, "thank you for making me aware of the issue. We are role playing and reviewing when it is ok to talk to friends at home."

Duckling007
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Just send a note apologizing for the behavior stating that you talked to DS about it, he is being punished, and that you will try to see that it doesn't happen again. Also, tell the teacher to feel free to contact you with any further concerns.

lilmama2be
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM
You made her write 50 lines in kindergarten? Was it effective? Not judging...having similar issues with my dd..and am running out of ideas on what to do. She is only acting up at school, so I am not there to correct her.

Quoting sam12796:

How old is your child. Can the child write? Have the child write an apology to the teacher. Mine got in trouble for this a lot last year. This year only twice. I made her write fifty times I will not talk in class. She is in first grade. I also discussed with her daily the importance of doing her work and raising her hand. Her issue mostly was shouting out he answers. I told her the teacher has a job to do and when she is talking she can not hear instructions or she is disrupting the class making it hard for the class to learn. I also told her the teacher has to give everyone a chance to speak so she knows who knows the answers and who needs more practice. So far we have had 2 good weeks in a row. Just keep communicating with your child. Hope it gets better.

NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM

LOL I SWEAR my son is in 4th grade, my daughters are 1st and 2nd and I have NEVER gotten a note home for anything other than positive, so I have no idea.

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I just talk to my kids about the behavior and what I expect from them in school.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Sign it and let the teacher know you will be talking to her and if the problem persists to let me know.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)