Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wdyd when teacher sends home a note for behavior?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The past 3 days she has made a comment that my dd has been talkative. Dd is in big trouble but I don't know what to write back. I just sign it as I'm supposed to.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Replies (41-50):
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I would talk to the teacher face to face and see what can be done. My son talks too much too and actually gets in trouble quite often. He can't be too bad though because the teacher doesn't seem overly worried and has only told us in passing when we drop him off.
wiener
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM
well depending on what he did i just sign it or they get a nice note from me telling them to follow his IEP and their won't be anymore issues, my sons school has problems following his IEP and when they don't we have problems but when they do he is a perfect child.. I am no stranger of notes from the teacher,school and principal, so far this year has been great because he has a awsome teacher who used to be his special ed teacher so she knows him very well and she knows how to work with him
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I signature the folder, which tells her I saw the message. I don't usualy write back, but I inquire about my son's (he's the one getting behavior notes) behavior usually once a week and assure the teacher we are trying our best to resolve the issue. As for the kid, we have various disciplines/rewards we do but usually it means no video games for minor behavior issues such as talking. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I wrote "I have addressed this situation please let me know if the bad behavior continues.   Also, do not be afraid to ask my child if they would like to call me about their behavior.   My kids know if I get a behavior call they will come home to a stripped bedroom and lose all tv, computer and phone priviledges until their behavior improves and stays improved for 2 weeks. "     I only ever got one behavior note and it was because my oldest 2 (not twins but in same grade) were talking to each other in class.      

supercarp
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Do the usual: take away tv, make her go to bed early or do extra chores. She has to know that you are on board with her teacher in discipline.

emsmom627
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM

your child is not a bad kid. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am very embarrassed by it. I can't believe my child is the bad kid in class.

Quoting fatcat0908:

You acknowledge that you will/have talked to your child at home about the behavior and ask if there is anything else you can be doing/saying to your child to help remedy the behavior in the classroom.

laparla
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:15 AM

My children know that a note home means a paddling and probably grounding, unless they have some extremely and unusually good reason.  But I don't need to give the teacher all the details, just let her or him know that it's been taken care of.

AMRios
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I would appologize for the behavior and assure her it will not happen again... Then I would talk to my child about it and be sure it wouldn't...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I'd ask the teacher what she has tried to do about it so you can talk to LO at home. Has she seperated the talkers? Do the children have time to socialize? Stuff like that.

rhiannonaisling
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Ask the teacher to move her seat if the behavior continues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)