Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

8 Things I Felt Guilty About When I Dropped My Kid Off at School This Morning - What have you felt guilty about?

Posted by   + Show Post

8 Things I Felt Guilty About When I Dropped My Kid Off at School This Morning

by Jacqueline Burt

kids backpacksThe academic year is barely underway, but from the load of parental guilt I'm lugging around, you'd think it was mid-March. Usually I don't reach this level of school-related maternal self-loathing until at least a couple of sub-par, hastily thrown together science projects and/or book reports have been handed in late -- and yet, here we are, not even done with September and I'm already stewing in remorse. Dang, we haven't even hit "I forgot to sign the permission slip" season yet!

Tonight, it's all I can do to recall, with a cringe, the many mistakes I made when I sent my almost 8-year-old son to school this morning ...

1. His fingernails were so dirty his teacher probably thinks I make him moonlight as a coal miner

2. The sleeves on his jacket were about half-an-inch short of his wrists (I could have sworn that thing fit last week!)

3. His breakfast consisted of one bite of a banana and a swig of lemonade (pink)

4. Neither one of us could remember how many pages of "Ramona the Brave" he read last night so I wrote a made-up number on his reading log and signed it

5. His socks didn't match

6. The "leave at home" side of his folder hasn't been emptied out since the first day of school

7. His lunch included potato chips for the 5th day in a row

8. I forgot to fill out his Scholastic Book Order form again

Ugh. Wonder what new guilt tomorrow will bring??

What do you feel guilty about so far this school year?
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Replies (141-141):
gammachris
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

MUCH better than sending the 8yu to school in the 6yo's shoes lol.

Quoting paganbaby:

I sent my 6yo to school in her big brothers (8yo) shoes because we can't find hers :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN