Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Because I don't work I have to do your school work?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 195 Replies
I have been thinking mom stop about this since yesterday. I need your opinions.
I lost my job earlier in the year and currently receiving unemployment. I plan to start school in January. Right now I'm a stay at home mom while DF works 11 hours and also attends school once a week.
Yesterday he asked me to do his school work so he doesn't get zeros. I politely told him if I do his work I'm enabling him and he will never learn the material. He even said he didn't expect me to help but then he got super angry and even threw a plate on the floor. He proceeded to tell me I do absolutely nothing all day and that I should "help" him.
He has one entire week to do his school work. He works in the morning so there's no excuse for him not to be caught up. At night he plays with his new laptop instead of focusing on school work. So at the last minute he asks me to "help" him. It's not help if I do the work for him. That's not fair to me. It's not my responsibility to bail him out. He chose to go back to school. I did not have any influence on this accept supporting him.
Two weeks ago I say down and wrote his entire speech outline. I did as many assignments as I could and even got him two a's for his class.
After that I felt unappreciated and almost felt like I was taken advantage of.
So when he asked me yesterday to "get as many things done" I said no.

What are your opinions?
Because I lost my job and aren't as busy as I used to be I'm supposed to do his work? That makes no sense. We are not in high school. We are almost 30 and he is acting like a teenager.
The texts he sent me were unbelievable. I feel sad and very heartbroken. He makes me feel embarrassed for losing my job. He makes me feel like I'm a cow that does nothing all day.
What happened to my best friend?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell him sure, but you get to do all the kids homework when they start school! 

Bet that shuts him up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Isn't it childish of him to ask me? He got really angry yesterday. I don't understand it. I grew up doing my own school work. But somehow I'm obliged to do his?

Quoting wickedfiress:

Tell him sure, but you get to do all the kids homework when they start school! 

Bet that shuts him up. 

mtdew
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Um, NO!  Don't do it.

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Extremely.  I understand he's stressed, but he's a grown up and will just have to suck it up. Maybe find something else that you can do to lower his stress level. Perhaps he just feels overwhelmed? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Isn't it childish of him to ask me? He got really angry yesterday. I don't understand it. I grew up doing my own school work. But somehow I'm obliged to do his?

Mtdewwid
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:06 PM
IMHO he needs to be doing his own work. He is going to be getting the degree/certificate/whatever at the end, not you. He needs to earn it himself. I think if he couldn't handle it he shouldn't have taken it on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I've always reassured him that he doesn't need to worry about house work or our son being taken care of. He left third shift to hop on first do he can do well in school. He's not balancing anything right.

Quoting wickedfiress:

Extremely.  I understand he's stressed, but he's a grown up and will just have to suck it up. Maybe find something else that you can do to lower his stress level. Perhaps he just feels overwhelmed? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Mtdewwid
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh, and you're not a piece of shit for losing your job.
VannaMae307
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell him to go fuck himself, he has no business calling someone else lazy when he is trying to get his homework done for him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured