Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obamacare/ACA poll

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 125 Replies

Poll

Question: We should keep Obamacare/ACA exactly as it is written now.

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 122

View Results

It's pretty simple. Do you want the country to go forward with Obamacare/ACA the way it is written right now with no changes.

There are those who say that most Americans don't want it and others who don't agree. So which way to you vote?

ETA-comment or bump after you vote. Thanks!

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM
3 moms liked this

I think if most people bothered to do their own research and not just take what they are hearing from people who also aren't reading anything then there would be more people on board with this. Just today there was a report released that the average family of four would actually be paying 16% less than originally thought *before* any subsidies.

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this

There may be some good things about it, but I don't think they outweigh the bad stuff. I also think it's wrong to assume that anyone who doesn't agree with it hasn't researched it.

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

I think if most people bothered to do their own research and not just take what they are hearing from people who also aren't reading anything then there would be more people on board with this. Just today there was a report released that the average family of four would actually be paying 16% less than originally thought *before* any subsidies.

Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

What bad stuff? I am honestly curious what about it you find bad.

It's imperfect, but I wouldn't say there was bad stuff.

Also, the media has done a terrible job of getting the information out. So unless someone actually bothered to do research, people honestly don't know. That has been painfully evident on all of these ACA posts.  

Quoting motherslove82:

There may be some good things about it, but I don't think they outweigh the bad stuff. I also think it's wrong to assume that anyone who doesn't agree with it hasn't researched it.

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM
A report on the non biased news....right? Lol

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/25/how-much-will-obamacare-premiums-cost-depends-on-where-you-live/

Quoting Anonymous:

A report on the non biased news....right? Lol

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

eztwins
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Bump

Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Here's another link that talks about some of the common myths people are spreading:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/sep/24/top-16-myths-about-health-care-law/

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

the only thing good is the pre existing laws and allowing children on your plan longer.  This ACA is NOT helping everyone, my rates are unaffordable, they went up 200 to over 1000 a month. 

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think it's right to force individuals and/or employers to  buy a product that is only going to benefit anyone if they have a major accident or illness.

If the government wants people to have insurance, they should provide it. How does it makes sense to say "We want everyone to have something, so employers, you need to buy it for everyone". That would be like me saying "I think everyone should have free access to birth control" and then expecting you to pay for it.

We are in a recession. We need businesses to hire people, so how do we convince them to hire more employees when they will have to pay $1000s in insurance every year for every employee they hire. Many are cutting hours for current employees, so now these employees are getting few hours, less income, and they have to pay for insurance too.

Yes there are subsidies and medicaid, but there are also many who won't qualify for those things and still can't afford insurance.

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Also, the media has done a terrible job of getting the information out. So unless someone actually bothered to do research, people honestly don't know. That has been painfully evident on all of these ACA posts.  

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

eztwins
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Just one of the many things I feel that is wrong is the penalty for not having insurance.  As an adult you should not have the government penalizing you like a child and on the other side it makes no sense to fine someone who doesn't have it because they can't afford it.  I don't agree with most of it.  One area I do agree with is covering of pre existing conditions.  

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)