Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much does your DH/SO do for you?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 53 Replies
My DH seems to do his fair share of things.
He can cook if needed, and sometimes helps out with the cleaning. It's nice to have another set of hands once and a while, which is nice.

What does yours do?
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM

My ol man will do what ever I need help with if I am sick or what ever. But since I am not working I NEVER ask him to do anything. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:44 PM

He does everything on the days that I can't......

CelestialSong
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:44 PM

A lot, more than it seems most husbands do. He does a lot of the cooking, most of the dish washing, almost all of the grocery shopping, and he occasionally does laundry (especially now that I'm pregnant and have a hard time lugging clothes up and down two flights of stairs). He'll also do pretty much anything I ask him to do... and has in the past complained that I don't ask him to do enough.

mylifemylove864
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
For me? He rubs my back and neck and my feet. He brings me chocolate and wine when he knows I have had a bad day. He runs me bubble baths sometimes.

For the house?. He cooks and grocery shops and cleans. He probably cooks more than I do.
Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Um...every once in a while he will watch the baby for me to get a shower, he does drop our oldest off at school in the morning (so he can go drive through and get nasty mc donalds breakfast). Otherwise......he takes the trash out if it overflows. Yes, he is an ass and will be xh once I get back to working (soon).
OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Dh does our laundry. I do dd's laundry, the towels, and bedding. I do all of the shopping, cooking, and cleaning. Dh has a few chores around the house that he is supposed to take care of like taking out the garbage, fixing things, and this weekend he needs to cut firewood. 

Edit: I should add that my dh is also in school part time to get his degree on top of working full time. I took over most of the chores so that he can have more time for school work. 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM
As far as house work, almost none.
He works too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drowningmama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Not much, Not anymore.  He works too many hours.  But he can cook wonders.

rockgal81
by Steph on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM

He does most of the cooking, all of the outside maintainence, oil changes on our cars, homework with the kids(He has a better way of explaining on their level), and gives me a backrub and head massage whenever I ask! He's the epitomy of awesomesauce! :D

Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Everything when I can't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)