Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's see your overweight children!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Since schools are apparently telling us our kids are over or underweight and suggesting our larger children need to see drs let's post pictures of our "obese" or overweight children. By the way....my dr told me that labeling children as obese is BS. Sure some kids actually have weight issues but it extremely inaccurate to label anyone as obese before puberty.

My son is big. 94%.....always has been! He's got some chub sure but I definitely wouldn't consider him obese. He's a super healthy eater and extremely active. He is 8, 53in (4ft5) and 84lbs.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
britmichele
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM
My son is a peanut. But bump :)
jakesmom323
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM
4 moms liked this

The one on the left is "obese" technical due to his stats. He's always been his height and lbs matching. He is 41 inches and 41 lbs at 3. He is skin and bones and no fat. The doctor laughed when he said he is in an elevated chart for obesity. He's just pure mass. Like lead. I know what you are talking about;)
MommyO2-6631
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My "obese" child according to our doctor. He's almost 8, 4'1" and 60 pounds.
MixtlisMomme
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Dd father's side thinks she is overweight. Whatever.
We all have big cheeks in our family even the skinny ones!
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Schizomom91
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

98th percentile. ... somehow overweight
Sorry from so far, but its one of the only full bodies I have
mommaponch
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM
3 moms liked this

I think some people are in denial about their child's weight.  So many posts on here are like "can you believe his doctor thinks he's fat?" and while I don't say anything my usual response when seeing the picture is "yes, I can believe that."

Your son has, like you said, a little chub.  It's ridiculous that some kids that are just built more solid get pushed into the category of overweight.

My second child has gotten a few "she's not overweight yet but you'd better watch her" over the years.  She's built very solid.  She eats a good variety, she's active, and she's actually slim.  But there's a lot of her packed into a small frame.  She wears either slims or she wears regulars with the waist cinched in like crazy.  But when I pick her up I definitely have an internal grunt at how much she weighs compared to how she looks.

I'm not sure on her height, but she will be 8 in December and is about 54 pounds.

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Quoting KGreen75:

My 10 year old, some jackass on here called her fat...

My 3 year old, she is just the right size for her height/age according to her pediatrician

My youngest DD has those same shoes. Did you get them at Target?

Adorable kids btw.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I didn't look at these pictures and think they were chubby. They're little children. As long as they're active and have a good diet....that's what matters most. 

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM

What is that she is hugging? I'm trying to figure it out. lol

Nevermind I see Tuffy on it's vest. lol

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured