Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let's see your overweight children!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Since schools are apparently telling us our kids are over or underweight and suggesting our larger children need to see drs let's post pictures of our "obese" or overweight children. By the way....my dr told me that labeling children as obese is BS. Sure some kids actually have weight issues but it extremely inaccurate to label anyone as obese before puberty.

My son is big. 94%.....always has been! He's got some chub sure but I definitely wouldn't consider him obese. He's a super healthy eater and extremely active. He is 8, 53in (4ft5) and 84lbs.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Replies (891-897):
dllw8487081113
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:40 PM

my son 5yrs, my daughters 3yrs and 4months.

My son soon to be 5 years old oct. 23 my oldest daughter 2 years old will be 3 march 7 and my youngest daughter almost 5 months will be one years old may 12 the docs say both my girls are over weight and my son is under weight yet he tops 9th place in the hight chart as one of the tallest his father is 5'11 29 years old and I'm 4'8 26 years old
boysrjoys2
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM
He sure doesn't look "obese" to me. Clearly he's active. :) I get in trouble with my family members because my boys are so skinny. My dh was super skrawny when he was little and still has a fast metabolism (though he's all muscular now).
thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I dont have any all of mine are skinny

xxshelbyxxx
by Scarlet begonias on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Well I guess I'm not so offended anymore, sorry for flying off the handle. I didn't think for one second she was 18, i thought she was a much older looking young teen like 12-15. She's got a very young face or it may just be this picture, but that's a good thing! I just wouldn't think its right If that was a little girl who just looks older. Cuz you KNOW that's how ALL pre teens look now right? I mean the girls in my brothers highschool from 8-11 grade all looked old enough to get into bars with their boobs and butts and make up.

Quoting Arwyn724:

Sorry you are so offended.  She was 18 and in college, so she was an adult, but still my child. The resulting photos were used in an ad campaign that was very public, so the "entire world" had a chance to see them 8 years ago. She is happy, healthy and beautiful, and I am proud of her.  

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Oh HELL NO. What are some moms thinking these days!? I posted pics of myself and my mom wen I was that age in our family beach pics but she'd never go on a mom website and post my SEXY POSE bikini pix to the entire world! .... Wtf!?

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought this was an adult. Was like why are they posting sexy pics of themselves. Not bashing you but beach or not,model or not, wouldn't post a pic like that of my daughter. You didn't ask her permission I'm assuming? And is she supposed to be over weight?

Willow_Phoenix
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM
there was a point in time when my daughter's doctor told me that I needed to watch her weight gain because she was in the obese category...she was 6 months old and exclusively breastfed....talked about f*cked up....
LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM
That is unbelievable. That doctor is a quack! If she was any thinner they'd be telling you she's underweight.
Quoting Anonymous:

This is her without the hoodie on.

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

My dd's pediatrician recently told me that she is obese and gave me a paper with tips on controlling it. 0_o

What?!? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Yep lol! crazy dr.

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

That is unbelievable. That doctor is a quack! If she was any thinner they'd be telling you she's underweight.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is her without the hoodie on.

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

My dd's pediatrician recently told me that she is obese and gave me a paper with tips on controlling it. 0_o

What?!? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN