Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this taking it too far?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 39 Replies

I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant. I have had issues with a doctor in the practice I go to. I can't just change practices, because it's the only one for my hospital. The other hospital is too far away. I have to see every doctor in the practice, and he's the only one I have a problem with.

1st issue:

My appointment with him, he freaked out when I gained 6lbs in 4 weeks. I have a history of an eating disorder,  and all he could talk about the whole appointment was how I was going to be 200lbs when I have the baby. He didn't even notice that I had dropped 10 pounds at the beginning of my 2nd trimester.

He put me on a diet... I lost weight, and my other doctor was upset over that. 

2nd issue:

I call the office about bleeding I had yesterday, It was bright red, and I just wanted to make sure it was okay. He tells me to lead to L&D to be monitored after I tell him I am having slight contractions.

When he comes to check on me, he says I was FAKING it on the phone.. I never said anything about thinking I was in labor, and I knew if I was, it was early labor. He was extremely rude, and belittled me in front of the nurse. 

I decided I'm filing a complaint this time. The hospital isn't any help, they just tell me I didn't call the right department, and don't give me the right number.

I found a form I can fill out for the NYS Department of Health to file a complaint, but is that taking it too far

WWYD? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Sorry... Just realized that I wrote a book... 

BeAmour
by Tonya on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Absolutely do it!
tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I know so many woman that have had issues with him, and actually switch hospitals because of him.. But the other hospital is over an hour away. 

Quoting BeAmour:

Absolutely do it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Do it.

Which hospital ?
siennasmamma
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I would do it. No one should be treated that way by a "professional" doctor.
wymama610
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I am 37 weeks and hate one dr in my OBs practice too. They have been totally accommodating as far as not scheduling further appts with him. The hospital said they will make sure to call in someone else if he happens to be on call when I go into labor.

In your case, I don't think you're overreacting and I would file a complaint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I would have filed a complaint when he said something about my weight, what an asshole!

tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I'm going to talk to the other doctors about doing this. I refuse to let him anywhere near me again. 

Quoting wymama610:

I am 37 weeks and hate one dr in my OBs practice too. They have been totally accommodating as far as not scheduling further appts with him. The hospital said they will make sure to call in someone else if he happens to be on call when I go into labor.

In your case, I don't think you're overreacting and I would file a complaint.

tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I should have, my husband convinced me that I was taking it too hard, and that the doctor didn't mean to be rude. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have filed a complaint when he said something about my weight, what an asshole!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Quoting tammy_lynne:

I should have, my husband convinced me that I was taking it too hard, and that the doctor didn't mean to be rude. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Being pregnant can make you over sensitive, however unless you are morbidly obese, he should have never said crap about your weight. And calling because of bleeding and then he was a total douche is uncalled for, why is he an obstetrician if he is such an ass to pregnant women. I would totally complain. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)