Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is "emotional" cheating?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM
  • 29 Replies
How is it different than actual cheating?
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2DomNicLily
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

To me emotional cheating is confiding in someone other than your spouse about everything that is actually going on in your life. You become more distant with your spouse. It's different because usually nothing physical happens

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Well said.

Quoting Mom2DomNicLily:

To me emotional cheating is confiding in someone other than your spouse about everything that is actually going on in your life. You become more distant with your spouse. It's different because usually nothing physical happens

ZsMommy
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Because the person actually falls in love with another. The feelings are controlled by the brain,not the penis. With emotional cheating the cheater becomes all wrapped up in the other person. With physical cheating it's more about a hole & a heartbeat.

Momof5kids84
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM
This may sound stupid , but that sounds no different than a good friend. The distant part is slightly alarming. I just think that there is always more ton the story than emotional cheating .

Quoting Mom2DomNicLily:

Freela
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM

To me, emotional cheating would be feeling romantic love/attachment to another person, but without the relationship ever becoming physical.  There's a difference between romantic love/attraction and friendship.

XnikoX
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Things done or said with emotion are far more intimate than something being just physical.
KGreen75
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM
4 moms liked this

Emotional cheating is a physical affair that hasn't happened yet but will happen given the opportunity.

*discussing personal issues with the person

*flirting/sexual discussion with the person

*confiding in the person

*seeking emotional comfort from the person

*sneaking around to speak to the person and hiding it from your spouse

*Feeling a romantic attachment to the person

Momof5kids84
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Lol. Sorry, the explanation is funny.

Quoting ZsMommy:

Because the person actually falls in love with another. The feelings are controlled by the brain,not the penis. With emotional cheating the cheater becomes all wrapped up in the other person. With physical cheating it's more about a hole & a heartbeat.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this

lol. I thought this said emotional eating. As the queen of eating my feelings, I was gonna break it down for you. lol

ZsMommy
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM

wink

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Lol. Sorry, the explanation is funny.

Quoting ZsMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN