Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son and I are losing our coverage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
Through my husbands work. We will not be able to afford private, and won't qualify for help. Fucked. Thank you to the US government!! ACA my asshole.

Ok, this is not 100% the case, but we are going to struggle. My husband has been at his job for over a decade, he pays just fine, through his employer, for healthcare coverage for all 3 of us. Why does our shit have to change? We are covered, and paying for it, now, things are uncertain.
I know it's a divided subject, but it seems the people who will suffer in this the most, are those who have been paying for coverage and are happy with it already. Why punish us?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM

i think some of the health care plan is great but some of it sucks

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I know how you are feeling. My husband has been at his job 12 years, for  10 of those years we have had fully paid employer insurance. The company offered 2 plans, one plan which isn't so great high deductible through a 3rd party and it was free. The other plan it offered is an HMO plan (low copays no deductible, a really good plan) that all upper management receives for free, for a family like us it is $1130 per month.  As of the 1st of this year, the company (and it stated this in the letter we received) got rid of the lower tier insurance coverage that covered the majority of the company to meet ACA requirements. But we could all now pay for the policy that upper management gets free as part of their benefits.The majority of the company lost their health insurance in Jan. Then we had to be without health insurance for 3 months before we could even begin to buy private. It's just a mess.

fairyjester
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM
3 moms liked this

this current goverment does not want self suffient   people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I'm not sure who is benefiting. I see more risk than benefit. Even for those who currently can't afford health coverage. I anticipate a nightmare.

Quoting silverdawn99:

i think some of the health care plan is great but some of it sucks

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM
I think this is so true. They want us to be a sheepish mass that does what it's told.

Quoting fairyjester:

this current goverment does not want self suffient   people.

mrshosier0622
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM

you know that the gov has health insurances called the market place....go to healthcare.gov, that might help, it starts oct. 1st

D.O.E.
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I am so sorry :-( that is so scary and I cant even imagine....I took my ds to our local health center today, made an appt this morning for 230pm, and waited 5 min, saw the nurse practicioner and sire enough ear infection. She gave me his meds right then and there because the town pharmacy is closed today.
I cant imagine living in a place where you have to pay extremely expensive fees just for health care
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I understand your pain. I am not excited about this. We aren't poor so they're trying to make us poor. That's what I'm getting out of this whole thing.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Our insurance is through my DH's work so he basically manages who our insurance is with while I handle all the other details.

I only hope we're not godged out of having insurance especially since DH is now a cancer patient. His one medication alone for a 30 day supply is $6100 a month before the insurance kicks in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:09 PM
We will be less screwed and we are privately insured. Our insurance (with the addition of our newborn) went up to $540, wheeeee!

Looking at our state's exchange, our insurance could cost us in the $200's on the lower end of things.

Additionally, living in a state where many mandates are already in place, my insurance covered maternity, which is kind of a bi deal. So Instead of 15k+ for care, we will pay around 5K. I am okay with this. It is almost like we pay for insurance and get something for it, which, after years and years of that NOT being the case, I am okay with it working slightly for us now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN