Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know what they mean... *warning: miscarriage*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I had a miscarriage. I am taking the medicine to help it pass since it was not passing on its own. Doc said if I soak a pad in an hour to go to the ER. But what is soaked? Does that mean dripping with blood? Or just full? I had 2 pads, 2 seperate hours that were full. There were still some bare spots (like at the front and back). Help?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I spoke to my doc's nurse and she said "soaked". When I asked what do you mean by soaked she said "Just really soaked." lol That helps. Maybe I will try the nurse line at the hospital...

Quoting cerainwondrland:

I'm not sure,but call the nurse line asap

TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM

If you're that unsure,call and ask your Dr before rushing in there. When I had a miscarriage I was going through a pad about every 2 hours,sometimes a little more often but for the most part of stayed the same flow for about a week straight.

Quoting Anonymous:

See now I always thought bleeding through was full on bleeding through and leaking. I need to check this pad (3rd hour) and see. Then I may need to find a babysitter for my son. 

Quoting TheDrsRose:

If you look at the underside of the pad when you remove it can you see the blood sitting against the plastic surface? If so,then yes you are. There is plastic there to prevent it form getting on your clothes but that's what they mean.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not bleeding through...

Quoting TheDrsRose:

They mean to the point where it is full, where you are bleeding through the pad.

kris0921
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Just curious did he offer to do a d&c? I had one because baby didn't pass on its own and it had been over 4wks.
kris0921
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM
As for your question go in or call.

Quoting kris0921:

Just curious did he offer to do a d&c? I had one because baby didn't pass on its own and it had been over 4wks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM
He said that was an option. I told him i really didnt want one and he said its fine because i wasnt far enough to require it. So it is our last option. I went in at 8 weeks (refused to do appt before 8 weeks) and the sonogram showed it had not developed as far as it should have. So i got to do 3 blood tests in 2 weeks. Then got the word that it was lost. And here we are

Quoting kris0921:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I called before posting this. When asked what soaked is nurse said just soaked

Quoting kris0921:

As for your question go in or call.

Quoting kris0921:

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:55 PM

If you have to change it after an hour, its full. I'm sorry mama and good luck.

Anniversary
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM
I talked to the nurse before posting. She said soaked means just soaked. I think i am going to keep an eye on it for a while still. I hate to rush in for nothing. Thank you for your help.

Quoting TheDrsRose:

If you're that unsure,call and ask your Dr before rushing in there. When I had a miscarriage I was going through a pad about every 2 hours,sometimes a little more often but for the most part of stayed the same flow for about a week straight.

Quoting Anonymous:

See now I always thought bleeding through was full on bleeding through and leaking. I need to check this pad (3rd hour) and see. Then I may need to find a babysitter for my son. 

Quoting TheDrsRose:

If you look at the underside of the pad when you remove it can you see the blood sitting against the plastic surface? If so,then yes you are. There is plastic there to prevent it form getting on your clothes but that's what they mean.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not bleeding through...

Quoting TheDrsRose:

They mean to the point where it is full, where you are bleeding through the pad.

WifeyandMom71
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Maybe you should call your doctor and ask, or ask a nurse in the office.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Did that before i posted. ''Soaked is just soaked''. Thats what i was told by his nurse.

Quoting WifeyandMom71:

Maybe you should call your doctor and ask, or ask a nurse in the office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)