Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know what they mean... *warning: miscarriage*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I had a miscarriage. I am taking the medicine to help it pass since it was not passing on its own. Doc said if I soak a pad in an hour to go to the ER. But what is soaked? Does that mean dripping with blood? Or just full? I had 2 pads, 2 seperate hours that were full. There were still some bare spots (like at the front and back). Help?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:59 PM
When I miscarried a had very heavy bleeding for almost two hours. After I passed the sac it slowed to more of a 'period flow'. My doc said if you fill more than a super pad an hour for two hours then it is best to be seen. I think you will know if you are bleeding too much. Hope all goes well and your bleeding slows soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Means if you are bleeding through the pad. Just watch for dizziness and disorientation. If you don't have either of those you are probably fine. Like I was filling a plus tampon and pad ever 15-30 minutes during my miscarriage (I didn't know you were not supposed to wear tampons) but either way it was just normal because I wasn't anemic or dizzy or anything. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Thats the other thing. I am wearing normal pads. I just used what i had here at home....

Quoting crazy4u49033:

When I miscarried a had very heavy bleeding for almost two hours. After I passed the sac it slowed to more of a 'period flow'. My doc said if you fill more than a super pad an hour for two hours then it is best to be seen. I think you will know if you are bleeding too much. Hope all goes well and your bleeding slows soon.

crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I specifically remember them saying a super pad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats the other thing. I am wearing normal pads. I just used what i had here at home....

Quoting crazy4u49033:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM
No dizziness. I have been watching for that. Tired but thats not unusual for his time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Means if you are bleeding through the pad. Just watch for dizziness and disorientation. If you don't have either of those you are probably fine. Like I was filling a plus tampon and pad ever 15-30 minutes during my miscarriage (I didn't know you were not supposed to wear tampons) but either way it was just normal because I wasn't anemic or dizzy or anything. Good luck.

BEXi
by BEXi on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM

That means if its so full it starts leaking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM
If he did i missed it. He may have. I was in the state of "not again". This stuff sucks....

Quoting crazy4u49033:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting crazy4u49033:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM
No leaking.

Quoting BEXi:

That means if its so full it starts leaking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Yeah I was really tired during mine but I really think that is just because what my body was doing was just taking it out of me. But yeah they just said that if I get dizzy or light headed or just anything that feels off to come back in. I went in because of how heavy the bleeding was but they said it was just normal for some people to bleed that much.

Quoting Anonymous:

No dizziness. I have been watching for that. Tired but thats not unusual for his time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Oh yeah. You are fine. They mean those big maxi overnight pads.

Quoting Anonymous:

If he did i missed it. He may have. I was in the state of "not again". This stuff sucks....

Quoting crazy4u49033:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting crazy4u49033:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)