Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know what they mean... *warning: miscarriage*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I had a miscarriage. I am taking the medicine to help it pass since it was not passing on its own. Doc said if I soak a pad in an hour to go to the ER. But what is soaked? Does that mean dripping with blood? Or just full? I had 2 pads, 2 seperate hours that were full. There were still some bare spots (like at the front and back). Help?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM

What is happening is definetly considered going through one pad an hour. Youre not wearing the thin pads though are you? They mean the thick regular ones, not the super thin ones. 

Im sorry for your loss!!

kris0921
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM
That's not ok. I was told if you have to change it every hour, and and its full then go in. I am also sorry for your loss. I went in at 5wks and only saw a sack, then at 10wks and saw a 6wk old fetus. Since so long passed and I was working full time, going to school part time, and didn't want it to happen while I was out and about so I opted for the d&c.

Quoting Anonymous:

I called before posting this. When asked what soaked is nurse said just soaked

Quoting kris0921:

As for your question go in or call.

Quoting kris0921:

Just curious did he offer to do a d&c? I had one because baby didn't pass on its own and it had been over 4wks.

EAzizM
by Erica on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM
As long as you don't feel faint or dizzy, don't worry.
WifeyandMom71
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM

OK.  Keep us posted. Best of luck to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did that before i posted. ''Soaked is just soaked''. Thats what i was told by his nurse.

Quoting WifeyandMom71:

Maybe you should call your doctor and ask, or ask a nurse in the office.

wymama610
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM
I'm so sorry :(

I took the medicine too when mine didn't start. I didn't want a D&C. If your aren't using the super thick overnight pads you are probably ok. Once the sac passes it should slow down. Take care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I wasn't told to use thick pads. Or i missed it (you know that always possible). I thought i was using "normal" but just checked. Ultra thin. Now i feel a little better. I also change it a lot because it feels gross. And just caught on to something. I have been standing a lot more today then yesterday or monday. It fills considerably faster when i stand.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is happening is definetly considered going through one pad an hour. Youre not wearing the thin pads though are you? They mean the thick regular ones, not the super thin ones. 

Im sorry for your loss!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM
How do you know when it passes?

Quoting wymama610:

I'm so sorry :(

I took the medicine too when mine didn't start. I didn't want a D&C. If your aren't using the super thick overnight pads you are probably ok. Once the sac passes it should slow down. Take care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Yeah the ultra thin doesnt count! I cant even wear them after my second child because I fill them too fast. 

You should rest mama!

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't told to use thick pads. Or i missed it (you know that always possible). I thought i was using "normal" but just checked. Ultra thin. Now i feel a little better. I also change it a lot because it feels gross. And just caught on to something. I have been standing a lot more today then yesterday or monday. It fills considerably faster when i stand.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry for your loss!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Thank you. I will

Quoting WifeyandMom71:

OK.  Keep us posted. Best of luck to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did that before i posted. ''Soaked is just soaked''. Thats what i was told by his nurse.

Quoting WifeyandMom71:

Maybe you should call your doctor and ask, or ask a nurse in the office.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:42 PM
No dizziness. Thank you

Quoting EAzizM:

As long as you don't feel faint or dizzy, don't worry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN