Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know what they mean... *warning: miscarriage*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I had a miscarriage. I am taking the medicine to help it pass since it was not passing on its own. Doc said if I soak a pad in an hour to go to the ER. But what is soaked? Does that mean dripping with blood? Or just full? I had 2 pads, 2 seperate hours that were full. There were still some bare spots (like at the front and back). Help?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Replies (41-43):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I had a d&c with the last one 3 years ago. I was miserable. Since i am able to do this with just the meds, i decided to. The first i was too far along.

Quoting kris0921:

That's not ok. I was told if you have to change it every hour, and and its full then go in. I am also sorry for your loss. I went in at 5wks and only saw a sack, then at 10wks and saw a 6wk old fetus. Since so long passed and I was working full time, going to school part time, and didn't want it to happen while I was out and about so I opted for the d&c.

Quoting Anonymous:

I called before posting this. When asked what soaked is nurse said just soaked

Quoting kris0921:

As for your question go in or call.

Quoting kris0921:

Just curious did he offer to do a d&c? I had one because baby didn't pass on its own and it had been over 4wks.

wymama610
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:37 PM

You will know :(

mine was grey, not bloody at all. It was much bigger than the clots coming out, and my fetus stopped developing at around 6 weeks. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you know when it passes?

Quoting wymama610:

I'm so sorry :(

I took the medicine too when mine didn't start. I didn't want a D&C. If your aren't using the super thick overnight pads you are probably ok. Once the sac passes it should slow down. Take care.

MamaC2Two
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Hugs mama
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN