Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SHE GAVE MY FIVE MONTH OLD WATER!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm freaking out a little bit, waiting for the pediatrician to get back from lunch so I can call.  Our housekeeper brought her 17 year old daughter with her today, and nothing out of the ordinary, I went to the bank (five minutes away) while my housekeeper watched my son.  Now we've had conversations and I'm very clear that he's EBF.  When I got back, the 17 year old had taken my son out of his swing and had given him about four ounces of water!  He seems fine but I'm so worried.  Someone tell me he's going to be fine.....I can't believe that my housekeeper allowed this to happen.  I feel like I can't trust her anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
Connorsmommy13
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM

wow there are some judgemental woman here I understand your fears. I freaked out when my ex gave our baby water too. My son is okay was okay, I can understand the fears, makes them feel ful with getting no "food" its going to be okay mama!

grannie_kel
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM
3 moms liked this

lol....good luck showing your face to the pedi ever again if you call about this.  You will be the laughing stock of the office and I'm sure they will never forget. 

I sure hope you are not alone with that baby for any length of time, you are not ready for parenthood. 

babie113
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM
3 moms liked this

hel be ok but a lot of people are completely ignorant about water toxemiaia ...basically your not supposed to give babies water because they get enough from breast milk/formula and it just build up in the system causes kidney failure. people also don't know that front facing baby carriers the strap on and go kind can cause hip displacia and improper swaddling can cause that too ...

XnikoX
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Uhmmm..... o_O

Please tell me you're a troll.

Soda I could understand.... or something like that. But you're freaking over fucking water? Its WATER for fucks sake. What person doesnt know water is ok. Hell when my boys got the hiccups id give them some water. SMDH.
EmilyD83
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM
OMG, you better take him to the ER ASAP.
maryroses
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM
4 moms liked this
Your kid is going to die, nothing the nurse or ems can do. Might as well start picking out a coffin
piratepixie
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM
My 7 month old will drink small sips of it from a water bottle and has been doing it for the last 2 months.. He's fine, its not like she gave him juice or soda pop.
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol. Really?  I hope the pediatrician charges double for ridiculous phone calls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Not for a breastfed baby. It can cause seizures.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its water not wine.

You do know water is good for the body, right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN