Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dd had old pizza for lunch

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 3 Replies
My dd just started kindergarten. Yesterday, my dd forgot her lunchbox at school. No biggie, I emailed the teacher to give her a heads up so she could put is aside if she found it. She emailed back that she had it and would give it back today. Cool. So this morning I had to find something else to pack her lunch in. Her new school has a strict dress code and requires solid black backpacks and lunch boxes. I only had the one lunchbox that meets code, so I had to use her preschool box that was hot pink. To avoid causing distraction, I put it inside her backpack(like many parents do anyway)... Today when she got home I realized her fresh lunch hasn't been touched. She told me she had the pizza she had in her black lunch box. The pizza that sat in the same lunch box over night, where the ice pack had long since melted by lunch time today. Why would the teacher let her eat the contents of that box when she knew it had been left at school?! And what if my dd had finished everything in it the day before, would she have gone hungry at lunch?? Am I wrong for being upset about this?
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I am sure the teacher did not even notice which one she took. Also if she is use to her having a black one. It was just normal to her and never thought about it. Maybe she didn't even see her go to lunch. I am sure your dd would have know there was no food in that one and taken the one that did not or tell whoever that is there for lunch she grabbed the wrong one. They would not have let her go hungry, unless she never said anything. But I would think they would notice she had no lunch.

nichole_erin
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM
She doesn't go anywhere for lunch, they eat in their classroom. The school is small and has no cafeteria. Every student has to bring a lunch from home. They also have folders in their backpacks that the teacher sends home their work in everyday, so I'm sure somebody saw the pink lunchbox at some point today.

Quoting Raeann11:

I am sure the teacher did not even notice which one she took. Also if she is use to her having a black one. It was just normal to her and never thought about it. Maybe she didn't even see her go to lunch. I am sure your dd would have know there was no food in that one and taken the one that did not or tell whoever that is there for lunch she grabbed the wrong one. They would not have let her go hungry, unless she never said anything. But I would think they would notice she had no lunch.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Still it is easy to make a mistake. When a teacher is use to them with one thing and all the sudden something different. Sometimes they see what they are use to and don't second guess it.

Maybe they saw it by the time it was too late.

Quoting nichole_erin:

She doesn't go anywhere for lunch, they eat in their classroom. The school is small and has no cafeteria. Every student has to bring a lunch from home. They also have folders in their backpacks that the teacher sends home their work in everyday, so I'm sure somebody saw the pink lunchbox at some point today.

Quoting Raeann11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)