Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm annoyed. A little.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm in the middle of buying a house and the guy we are buying from cant get his shit together and is now asking if he can keep his crap in the pole barn for a few weeks until he has a place to put it. He said he doesn't want to move it twice.. Understandable BUT he knew the closing date because its in our contract. And we have things that need to go in the pole barn, or we have to put it in our garage and move our stuff twice. How is that fair?
I'm freaking pregnant and the last thing I want to deal with is moving crap twice because of this guy. Argh.
So vent over, but what would you do? What would you say to the guy?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM
No, it doesn't but I'm buying the property and he signed the contract.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously? I've got bigger things to worry about in life then that. I don't fret over small things like that. And keep in mind the world doesn't revolve around you just because your pregnant
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Doesn't mean you get to be a douchbag. Be kind. My goodness. No reason to be rude to him.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, it doesn't but I'm buying the property and he signed the contract.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously? I've got bigger things to worry about in life then that. I don't fret over small things like that. And keep in mind the world doesn't revolve around you just because your pregnant

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM
That's a worry also. My realtor said *if* we decide to let him do it, she will draw up something saying we are not liable for his stuff, our insurance will not cover it and things along that line. But I feel like some people might take advantage of it and leave the crap and never come get it.
And when I saw crap, I literally mean crap.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

I would tell him no go and he'll have to figured out what to do with his stuff! i would not want to be responsible for soeone elses stuff. what if something happens to the stuff or he tries to claim something happened to get money... or what if he never comes and gets it. no thank you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:55 PM
And he gets to be one? No one is being a douche, I just don't know what to do about it. Have a wonderful night sunshine.

Quoting Anonymous:Doesn't mean you get to be a douchbag. Be kind. My goodness. No reason to be rude to him.

Quoting Anonymous:No, it doesn't but I'm buying the property and he signed the contract.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I mentioned that to my husband. How do you figure out a fair price tho? Would I take a percentage of my mortgage?

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Rent him the space.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I would put some specificiation on it that it can stay for x amt of time. On x date if its not gone its becomes your property to do with as you wish, and limit how much he can keep there.

Im sure he could find a reason to back out of the sale.
Karopie_99
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I would tell him whatever is left on the property on the closing date will be put on the curb, sold or thrown in a dumpster
2Sparrows4ever
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM
IDK, I'd go by square feet I think...like figure out what the rental cost is of a storage unit of similar size.

Quoting Anonymous:

I mentioned that to my husband. How do you figure out a fair price tho? Would I take a percentage of my mortgage?

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Rent him the space.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:03 PM

This.

Quoting annasew:

Id tell him anything left on the property after the closing is yours to do with as you wish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM
I don't even know if there are storage units that big. I will have to call around tomorrow.

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

IDK, I'd go by square feet I think...like figure out what the rental cost is of a storage unit of similar size.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Rent him the space.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)