Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm annoyed. A little.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm in the middle of buying a house and the guy we are buying from cant get his shit together and is now asking if he can keep his crap in the pole barn for a few weeks until he has a place to put it. He said he doesn't want to move it twice.. Understandable BUT he knew the closing date because its in our contract. And we have things that need to go in the pole barn, or we have to put it in our garage and move our stuff twice. How is that fair?
I'm freaking pregnant and the last thing I want to deal with is moving crap twice because of this guy. Argh.
So vent over, but what would you do? What would you say to the guy?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Replies (21-26):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I mentioned that to my husband. How do you figure out a fair price tho? Would I take a percentage of my mortgage?

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Rent him the space.

Escrow the money-so say $5000 of his money is held until he removes the crap-he has 3 months to do so, or you can keep the $5000 and remove the crap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I think the only way he could back out is if his ex wife agrees to it, and she HATES him. So I don't see her siding with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would put some specificiation on it that it can stay for x amt of time. On x date if its not gone its becomes your property to do with as you wish, and limit how much he can keep there.

Im sure he could find a reason to back out of the sale.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I figured it was huge...good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't even know if there are storage units that big. I will have to call around tomorrow.

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

IDK, I'd go by square feet I think...like figure out what the rental cost is of a storage unit of similar size.

Quoting Anonymous:

I mentioned that to my husband. How do you figure out a fair price tho? Would I take a percentage of my mortgage?

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Rent him the space.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Good idea. Thanks.
I'm writing down all the suggestions and going to talk them over with the hubs and then to seller.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Rent him the space.

Escrow the money-so say $5000 of his money is held until he removes the crap-he has 3 months to do so, or you can keep the $5000 and remove the crap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:55 PM

you should have a complete make-up of the house before you buy it.  All the damages and repairs needed should be listed.  Pictures of each room should be taken.  That way you don't close on a house and get there to discover the previous owner took the copper pipe and light fixtures when they moved out.  He would be held accountable for anything caused beyond wear and tear when he moves.   

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought about but what if he wants to be a dick and trash the house before we close? Then I would be even more pissed off and I would probably hurt him. Lol

Quoting annasew:

Id tell him anything left on the property after the closing is yours to do with as you wish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:29 AM
We are doing a walk through 24 to 48 hours prior to closing. I don't plan on being super picky about it, I understand moving, you can mark up a wall or something but if there are big holes in the walls or anything I will be asking for payment to fix it.
He seems nice enough but that part that just gets to me is he KNEW the closing date since the end of August. It's not like it was just a couple weeks, it's been over a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

you should have a complete make-up of the house before you buy it.  All the damages and repairs needed should be listed.  Pictures of each room should be taken.  That way you don't close on a house and get there to discover the previous owner took the copper pipe and light fixtures when they moved out.  He would be held accountable for anything caused beyond wear and tear when he moves.   

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought about but what if he wants to be a dick and trash the house before we close? Then I would be even more pissed off and I would probably hurt him. Lol

Quoting annasew:

Id tell him anything left on the property after the closing is yours to do with as you wish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)