Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Malware warning? Anyone else?

I normally use Google Chrome as my browser and for some reason right now, it is telling me that the website contains malware. IE is letting me on the site though. Strange.

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I use Firefox and I got it as well. I'm on my phone now
Oh, CM... What did you do now? Tsk, tsk... Bad boys!
tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Did it to me too, so I'm mobile now.
When I clicked on the advance button to get more info it says there is nothing wrong with the site. No clue why this is happening.
Kittykatx
by Sammii. Tar ♥ on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Same here! I was very confused. Works fine on the chrome on my s3 though. Weird
WifeyandMom71
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Yup, i got it too.  I had to go in through my AOL, which i hate!

MommyKir
by Kay on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM

yes I use firefox, but also have two anti-viral programs, and it took me at least five minutes to convince my laptop to let me on the site. and I'm now running all my malware and anti-virus searches....

cherrybomb55
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I got that too

fairyjester
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

a little of both.

Quoting SamNStefanMommy:

That is wierd. Either IE just sucks at blocking bad sites, or Google and Firefox are being stupid right now LOL

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

Firefox is giving me a malware warning for this site right now as well

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

What is the current listing status for cafemom.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 4 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2369 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-09-25, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

This site was hosted on 3 network(s) including AS16509 (AMAZON-02)AS26163 (DATAGRAM)AS38895 (AMAZON-AS-AP).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, cafemom.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

homeschoolmom9
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:23 PM

my firefox just told me it was an attack site

Happily married homeschooling mommy to 6 year old Shelby, 3 year old Marianne, 16 month old Carly and soon to be Gladys!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:24 PM

So this is what Chrome says about it:

When I clicked the DATAGRAM link I got this:

ETA: Don't know why they are resized so tiny, but the first says it's not CafeMom, but another site. The second one says this:

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for AS26163 (DATAGRAM)

What happened when Google visited sites hosted on this network?

Of the 332 site(s) we tested on this network over the past 90 days, 13 site(s), including, for example, loopyproductions.com/rumrunnerct.com/ny-fishing-reports.com/, served content that resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent.

The last time Google tested a site on this network was on 2013-09-25, and the last time suspicious content was found was on 2013-08-08.

Has this network hosted sites acting as intermediaries for further malware distribution?

Over the past 90 days, this network has not hosted any sites that appeared to function as intermediaries for the infection of any other sites.

Has this network hosted sites that have distributed malware?

Yes, this network has hosted sites that have distributed malicious software in the past 90 days. We found 1 site(s), including, for example, onitinc.net/, that infected 1 other site(s), including, for example, onitinc.com/.

All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was
Where do you want to start? Take the Doctors hand and join us at Cafe Who!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)