Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Malware warning? Anyone else?

I normally use Google Chrome as my browser and for some reason right now, it is telling me that the website contains malware. IE is letting me on the site though. Strange.

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:27 PM

This just happened to me maybe 5 minutes ago!

kthruz143
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:27 PM
What does this mean exactly

Quoting 2and2onway:

What is the current listing status for cafemom.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 4 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2369 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-09-25, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

This site was hosted on 3 network(s) including AS16509 (AMAZON-02)AS26163 (DATAGRAM)AS38895 (AMAZON-AS-AP).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, cafemom.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsjksimmons
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM

If you have ever used google for anything, their crap gets on your computer. I've been having the same thing happen to me too. I use Firefox. I refuse to use IE anymore. It's slow as dirt on my computer.

Google spy stuff is calling CM & The Stir malware. banging head into wall

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM

The site was reported as having some sort of malware, probably within an ad 4x in 90 days. The site is listed as safe though.

Quoting kthruz143:

Quoting 2and2onway:

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 4 time(s) over the past 90 days.

Of the 2369 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-09-25, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

This site was hosted on 3 network(s) including AS16509 (AMAZON-02)AS26163 (DATAGRAM)AS38895 (AMAZON-AS-AP).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, cafemom.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Hi,

We are sorry you are having trouble. This has been reported to our tech team and they are currently working on resolving this issue.

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

miisha
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM
I had to to to my iPad. Laptop won't let on the site.
mrsjksimmons
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM

It means someone reported CM as malicious to Google and Google didn't find anything wrong with CM but it had to give the warning because CM had been reported.

Quoting kthruz143:

Quoting 2and2onway:

How did this happen?

NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM
i just got it too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Maybe it's only on the computer, because I tried getting on here earlier with my Mac and got a warning
Quoting Short_cake88:

I'm using safari off my iPad and haven't gotten anything...hmmm

Short_cake88
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Yea DF said if you're using a tablet or mobile your safe but that this site is looooaded with malware

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe it's only on the computer, because I tried getting on here earlier with my Mac and got a warning
Quoting Short_cake88:

I'm using safari off my iPad and haven't gotten anything...hmmm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN